|This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (September 2010)|
She is a former BBC journalist and radio presenter, a travel documentary presenter and producer for Carlton TV, has acted as host moderator for BBC's Religion and Ethics message boards and was producer of BBC's now defunct holistic health and spirituality website.
Whitehouse is the author of books on Judaism, Christianity and faith, including three on Kabbalah. She is Consultant Editor of the holistic magazine Tree of Life and teaches workshops on spirituality and prosperity consciousness in the UK, USA and Europe.
Whitehouse's 2007 book The Marriage of Jesus explored the social and economic times that Jesus lived in. Her theory is that Jesus would have married, like any other young man of his times, at the age of approximately 14. Working from historical knowledge of the times (and referencing Suzanne Croom's book The Roman Mother) Whitehouse begins from the premise that the average life-span of a woman in Jesus' time was 27 years. As Jesus is said to have begun his ministry at approximately 30 years old, she finds it likely that he was a widower by that time.
In the 1990s Whitehouse wrote a fictional trilogy about a female cousin of Jesus, including The Book of Deborah.
Whitehouse's novel The Miracle Man, an updated version of the story of Christ, was published in November 2010.
Background and ministry
From 1993 to 2009 Whitehouse studied the Toledano Tradition of Kabbalah with Z’ev ben Shimon Halevi (Warren Kenton). She has acknowledged Kenton as the inspiration for her books on Kabbalah, which she calls 'primers' for Kenton's own work.
Whitehouse studied New Testament Greek at Birmingham University for a year with Mark Goodacre and David Parker. She became an interfaith funeral minister in 2003. In 2007 she was ordained into the Apostolic Church of the Risen Christ, an independent sacramental church, and continued her studies with David Goddard.
- Living Kabbalah. Hamlyn (2004). ISBN 978-0-600-60970-4
- Into the Kingdom (Chronicles of Deborah). Tree of Life Publishing (2007). ISBN 978-1-905806-17-1
- The Marriage of Jesus. O Books (2007). ISBN 978-1-84694-008-8
- The Secret History of Opus Dei. Lorenz Books (2007). ISBN 978-0-7548-1699-7
- Total Kabbalah: Bring Balance and Happiness into Your Life. Chronicle Books (2007). ISBN 978-0-8118-6137-3
- The Complete Illustrated History of Kabbalah. Lorenz Books (2008). ISBN 978-0-7548-1765-9
- From Credit Crunch to Pure Prosperity. O Books (2009). ISBN 978-1-84694-328-7
- The Spiritual Laws of Prosperity. Tree of Life Publishing (2009). ISBN 978-1-905806-37-9
- The Miracle Man. O Books (Nov 2010). ISBN 978-1-84694-416-1
- http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/A825473, BBC home, 360 - Changing the World by Degrees, The Johannesburg Earth Summit is over - so now what?, author Maggie W, September 11, 2002, Retrieved September 16, 2010.
- http://www.treeoflifemagazine.com, Tree of Life, Autumn 2010, Kabbalah and Healing, Maggie Whitehouse, Retrieved September 16, 2010.
- http://pages.innerpotential.org/wskabbalah, Inner Potential Centre, London.
- http://joginderbola.com/, Tree of Life Events.
- http://www.mrfire.com/article-archives/guest-articles/holistic-marketing.html, Joe Vitale Guest Article "Holistic Marketing", 2005.
- http://www.unity.org/publications/archives/unityMagazine/08august08.html, Unity Magazine "A Date With God", August 2008.
- http://www.questia.com/PM.qst?a=o&d=5008739317, Birmingham Post "Mystic Mag's Guide To Kabbalah".
- http://www.getinspiredproject.com/2009/11/04/day-35-maggy-whitehouse/, Get Inspired Day 35, November 2009.