Magic, Music and Mayhem
|This article does not cite any references or sources. (June 2009)|
|Magic, Music and Mayhem|
|Attraction type||Fireworks spectacular|
|Designer||Walt Disney Creative Entertainment|
|Host||Fairy Godmother (Russi Taylor)|
Magic, Music and Mayhem is the name of a fireworks display held as part of Mickey's Pirate and Princess Party hard ticket event at the Walt Disney World Resort's Magic Kingdom near Orlando, Florida. This fireworks show is shown in place of the regular Wishes display during the event.
Starting in June 2010, the show will replace Wishes during regular park hours as part of the Summer Nightastic! promotion, titled Summer Nightastic Firework Spectacular!
Hosted by the Fairy Godmother of Cinderella with the three good fairies Flora, Fauna and Merryweather from Sleeping Beauty, along with the traditional appearance of Peter Pan's resident pixie Tinker Bell, the show features music from several Disney movies including The Little Mermaid and Beauty and the Beast, but an invasion of pirates led by Peter Pan villain Captain Hook wreaks havoc with music from the Pirates of the Caribbean theme park attraction and feature films (including "The Black Pearl" and "He's A Pirate") until the fairies, with help from King Triton, Ariel's father and Sebastian stave off the rebellion by the buccaneers and peace is finally restored. The finale features fireworks that change from blue to pink at the request of the Fairy Godmother to settle the argument of Flora and Merrywether's continuing dispute since the finale of Sleeping Beauty.
The soundtrack of this program, along with the "Disney Adventures Enchanted Parade" as well as those in Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party is available on an in-park CD entitled Magic Kingdom Event Party Music as of 2008.
- Fairy Godmother/Fauna - Russi Taylor
- Flora - Susan Blakeslee
- Merryweather - Tress MacNeille
- King Triton - Kenneth Mars
- Sebastian - Kevin Michael Richardson
- Captain Hook - Corey Burton
- Cinderella medley: "Bibbidi-Bobbidi-Boo", "A Dream Is a Wish Your Heart Makes" and So This Is Love - from the 1950 film (Mack David, Al Hoffman and Jerry Livingston)
- "Beauty and The Beast" (from the 1991 movie of same title) (Alan Menken)
- "Once Upon A Dream" - Sleeping Beauty (Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky from the ballet of the same name; adapted by George Bruns)
- "So This Is Love" (reprise)
- "King Triton's Fanfare/Part of Your World" (The Little Mermaid) (Menken)
- "The Black Pearl" (Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl) (Klaus Badelt composer, Hans Zimmer arranger)
- "He's A Pirate" (Pirates of the Caribbean film series) (Klaus Badelt composer, Hans Zimmer arranger)
- "A Dream Is a Wish Your Heart Makes" (reprise with chorus singing)