Magic Magic (2013 film)
|Directed by||Sebastián Silva|
|Produced by||Frida Torresblanco
|Written by||Sebastián Silva|
Catalina Sandino Moreno
|Music by||Daniel Bensi
|Editing by||Jacob Craycroft
|Distributed by||Destination Films
Sony Pictures Home Entertainment
|Running time||98 minutes|
Magic Magic is a 2013 Chilean-American psychological thriller film written and directed by Sebastián Silva. The film, which premiered on January 22, 2013 at the 2013 Sundance Film Festival, stars Juno Temple, Emily Browning, Michael Cera, and Catalina Sandino Moreno. It was also played at the Directors' Fortnight at the 2013 Cannes Film Festival.
The film tells the story of a young woman, Alicia, who is travelling in the south of Chile with her cousin Sarah, and Sarah's friends Brink, Barbra, and her boyfriend Augustine. Suffering from insomnia, Alicia begins to lose her grip on what is real and what is not. Based on an urban myth about a vacationing girl in a hostel in Brazil.
- Juno Temple as Alicia
- Emily Browning as Sarah
- Michael Cera as Brink
- Catalina Sandino Moreno as Barbara
- Agustín Silva as Agustín
- Vicente Lenz Burnier as Extra
- Magic, Magic in the Sundance Film Festival program, retrieved 19 May 2013.
- 2013 Sundance Film Festival Adds Four Feature Films, Including El Mariachi as ‘From the Collection’ Screening, Sundance Film Festival website, Press release, 13.12.2012; retrieved 19 May 2013.
- Chile en Cannes. La Tercera. 28 April 2013. Retrieved 19 May 2013.
- La Psicomagia de Jodorowsky hipnotiza Cannes. El Mercurio online. 18 May 2013. Retrieved 19 May 2013.
- "Magic Magic – Rotten Tomatoes". Rotten Tomatoes. Retrieved August 3, 2013.