Magic Valley Regional Airport
|Magic Valley Regional Airport
|IATA: TWF – ICAO: KTWF – FAA LID: TWF|
|Owner||City & County of Twin Falls|
|Serves||Twin Falls, Idaho|
|Elevation AMSL||4,154 ft / 1,266 m|
|Source: Federal Aviation Administration|
Magic Valley Regional Airport (IATA: TWF, ICAO: KTWF, FAA LID: TWF), also known as Joslin Field, is a public use airport located four nautical miles (7 km) south of the central business district of Twin Falls, a city in Twin Falls County, Idaho, United States. The airport is owned by the City and County of Twin Falls. It is mostly used for general aviation but is also served by one commercial airline.
As per the Federal Aviation Administration, this airport had 29,606 passenger boardings (enplanements) in calendar year 2008, 26,991 in 2009, and 35,576 in 2010. The National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems for 2011–2015 categorized it as a primary commercial service airport.
Facilities and aircraft
The facility covers an area of 1,468 acres (594 ha) at an elevation of 4,154 feet (1,266 m) above mean sea level. It has two runways with asphalt surfaces: 7/25 is 8,703 by 150 feet (2,653 x 46 m) and 12/30 is 3,224 by 75 feet (983 x 23 m).
For the 12-month period ending January 1, 2012, the airport had 31,386 aircraft operations, an average of 85 per day: 71% general aviation, 24% air taxi, 4% military, and 1% scheduled commercial. At that time there were 109 aircraft based at this airport: 83% single-engine, 9% multi-engine, 7% helicopter, and 1% jet.
Airline and destination
The following airline offers scheduled passenger service:
|Delta Connection||Salt Lake City|
|Carrier||Passengers (arriving and departing)|
|1||Salt Lake City, UT||Salt Lake City International (SLC)||28,130||25,630|
|2||Sun Valley / Hailey / Ketchum, ID||Friedman Memorial (SUN)||80||130|
|3||Boise, ID||Boise Airport (BOI)||60||140|
|4||Ogden, UT||Ogden-Hinckley Airport (OGD)||10||10|
|5||San Francisco, CA||San Francisco International (SFO)||10||10|
- FAA Airport Master Record for TWF ( PDF). Federal Aviation Administration. Effective November 15, 2012.
- "IATA Airport Code Search (TWF: Twin Falls / City County)". International Air Transport Association. Retrieved June 12, 2014.
- "Airport information for TWF (KTWF)". Federal Aviation Administration. Retrieved June 12, 2014.
- "Enplanements for CY 2008" (PDF, 1.0 MB). CY 2008 Passenger Boarding and All-Cargo Data. Federal Aviation Administration. December 18, 2009.
- "Enplanements for CY 2010" (PDF, 189 KB). CY 2010 Passenger Boarding and All-Cargo Data. Federal Aviation Administration. October 4, 2011.
- "2011–2015 NPIAS Report, Appendix A" (PDF, 2.03 MB). National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems. Federal Aviation Administration. October 4, 2010.
- "Twin Falls, ID: Joslin Field - Magic Valley Regional (TWF)". Bureau of Transportation Statistics (BTS), Research and Innovative Technology Administration (RITA), U.S. Department of Transportation. December 2013. Retrieved June 12, 2014.
- Airport page at City of Twin Falls website
- Reeder Flying Service, the fixed base operator
- Aerial image as of July 1992 from USGS The National Map
- (PDF), effective June 26, 2014
- FAA Terminal Procedures for TWF, effective June 26, 2014
- Resources for this airport: