|This article does not cite any references or sources. (March 2013)|
||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's general notability guideline. (March 2013)|
A magic club is any group of local magicians who meet together on a regular basis. Also sometimes known as a magic circle. A club can be open to all with an interest in magic or it may be only possible to join by invite or by meeting some sort of notability criteria (e.g. professional magicians only). Some clubs may specialize in types of magic, or be primarily youth oriented.
Most magic clubs will charge a fee for membership. Fees will vary from club to club, depending on what services are offered.
Examples of magic clubs 
- The Magic Castle - Private clubhouse for the Academy of Magical Arts (Hollywood, USA)
- Magic Club of Vienna (Austria)
- Shore City Magicians Club Inc - Auckland, New Zealand
- The Magic Circle - Highly prestigious London-based society
- Future American Magical Entertainers - Important New York club for teens from the 1940s to 1980's
- Portsmouth and District Magic Circle (England)
Magic organizations 
Although larger than local clubs, these allow amateurs magicians to become members. Many local clubs are affiliated with these and require membership in one of them as a prerequisite.
- Academy of Magical Arts
- International Brotherhood of Magicians
- Society of American Magicians
- International Magicians Society
- Society of Young Magicians
See also 
- Magic conventions Some conventions are organized by magic clubs. Clubs disseminate information at conventions.
- Magic (illusion)
|This magic-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|