From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up magic number in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Magic number may refer to:
- Magic number (chemistry), number of atoms or molecules forming an exceptionally stable cluster
- Magic number (sports), a number that indicates how close a team is to winning a season title
- Magic number (oil), the price per barrel of oil at which an oil exporting nation runs a deficit
- Magic number (physics), the number of nucleons that results in complete atomic-nuclear shells
- Magic number (programming), originally the UNIX way of recognizing file types. Can also mean unique literals with unexplained meaning or multiple occurrences in code which could (preferably) be replaced with named constants.
- Magic Numbers (TV series)
- Magic Number (game), a pricing game on The Price is Right
- "Magic Number" (Maaya Sakamoto song)
- "The Magic Number", a 1990 song by De La Soul from 3 Feet High and Rising
- The Magic Numbers, a British rock band
- "The Magical Number Seven, Plus or Minus Two", a 1956 paper by George Miller
- "Three Is a Magic Number", a song by Bob Dorough from the Schoolhouse Rock! educational film series
- Magic constant, the sum in a magic square
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Magic number.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.