From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Magister is Latin for "master" or "teacher". It may refer to:
- The Magister (degree), an academic degree
Positions or titles
- A magister equitum, or Master of the Horse
- A magister officiorum (master of offices), a civilian post of the Roman Empire
- A magister militum, a master of the soldiers
- A magister palatii (Master of the Sacred Palace), a Roman Catholic Curial position
- Neotoma magister, a species of pack rat
- Berryteuthis magister, a species of squid
- Metacarcinus magister, the Dungeness crab
- Dositheus Magister, a 4th-century Roman scholar
- Thomas Magister, a 14th-century Byzantine monk and scholar
- Magister Wigbold, a 14th-century German pirate
- Magister, a font designed by Aldo Novarese (1966)
- Magister Ludi, an alternate title for Hermann Hesse's novel The Glass Bead Game
- Magister (company) – A manufacturer of espresso machines.
- The Magister, a sourcebook for the Forgotten Realms setting of the Dungeons & Dragons RPG
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.