Magne Thormodsæter 2014.
|Born||1973 (age 41–42)
Magne Thormodsæter (born 1973 in Bergen, Norway) is an award-winning Norwegian Jazz musician (upright bass) and composer, known from a dozen releases and cooperations with the likes of Terje Rypdal, Ståle Storløkken, Paolo Vinaccia, Karin Krog and John Surman.
Thormodsæter was educated on the Jazz program at Trondheim Musikkonservatorium, and is now associate Professor at Griegakademiet, Department of Music, University of Bergen. He has his own M.T. Trio, and also plays within bands like "Bungalow", Knut Kristiansen Trio, Lena Skjerdal Trio, Qvales Ensemble, The Wedding and Zumo.
- Vossajazzprisen 2004
- Within Bergen Big Band
- 2003: Adventures in European New Jazz And Improvised Music (Europe Jazz Oddysey), with Mathias Rüegg "Art & Fun" on compilation with various artists
- 2005: Seagull (Grappa Music), feat. Karin Krog conducted by John Surman recorded at the Nattjazz Festival, Bergen 2004
- 2007: Meditations on Coltrane (Grappa Music), with The Core
- 2008: Som den gyldne sol frembryter (Grappa Music)
- 2010: Crime Scene (ECM Records), with Terje Rypdal recorded at the Nattjazz Festival, Bergen 2009
- Other cooperations
- 2000: City Dust (Curling Legs), with Helén Eriksen
- 2003: Adventures in European New Jazz And Improvised Music (Europe Jazz Odyssey), with various artists
- 2004: Grønn (Kirkelig Kulturverksted), with Qvales Ensemble
- 2005: Siste Stikk (MajorStudio), with Vamp
- 2005: Join Me in the Park (EMI Music, Norway), with Nathalie Nordnes
- 2005: Inventio (Jazzaway), within Svein Olav Herstad Trio including Håkon Mjåset Johansen
- 2008: The Good Or Better Side of Things (Kirkelig Kulturverksted), with "Garness»
- 2012: Jeg Har Vel Ingen Kjærere (Plush Badger Music), with Anne Gravir Klykken
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Magne Thormodsæter.|
|Recipient of the Vossajazzprisen