|This article is an orphan, as no other articles link to it. Please introduce links to this page from ; try the Find links tool for suggestions. (June 2012)|
Syntheway Magnus Choir VST Instrument
|Developer(s)||Syntheway Virtual Musical Instruments|
|Operating system||Microsoft Windows|
Magnus Choir  is a commercial, proprietary music software synthesizer, for the Microsoft Windows platform, written by Daniel Laiseca  and developed by Syntheway Virtual Musical Instruments. The first version was released in 2005.
This software can be used to create natural and synthetic choirs, vocal textures and sustained vowels. It may work as a plugin within digital audio workstation software such as FL Studio or Cubase. Magnus Choir also is compatible with FreeVST  allowing GNU/Linux users to use native Microsoft Windows VST plugins by using parts of the Wine compatibility layer.
Synthesis and Sampling
Sound is generated via a hybrid method that combines synthesis and sampling. It features 48 built-in presets (sounds) including a variety of choirs such as male and female mixed in classic SATB (Soprano, Alto, Tenor, Bass) structure: women sing Soprano and Alto, while men sing Tenor and Bass. Additionally includes choir pads and spatial voices, among others.
- Virtual Studio Technology
- Software synthesizer
- Digital audio workstation
- Musical Instrument Digital Interface
- "Magnus Choir Software". Syntheway. Retrieved 2012-04-26.
- "Developer". Syntheway. Retrieved 2012-04-27.
- "Syntheway Virtual Musical Instruments". KVR Audio (Developers Section). Retrieved 2012-04-27.
- "Syntheway Software History". Syntheway (Software History). Retrieved 2012-04-27.
- "FL Studio: VST Plugins". FL Studio. Retrieved 2012-04-26.
- "Steinberg Cubase VST Host". Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH. Retrieved 2012-04-26.
- "VST Plugins on GNU/Linux". Joe Button. Retrieved 2012-04-26.
- "Magnus Choir Overview". Syntheway. Retrieved 2012-04-27.
- "Syntheway Features at KVR Audio". KVR Audio Plugin Resources. Retrieved 2012-04-26.
- "MIDI Continuous Controllers for Magnus Choir". Syntheway (MIDI Implementation Chart). Retrieved 2012-04-27.
- Magnus Choir overview
- Linux VST Compatibility: FST, Jack, Wine - Linux requirements by Paul Davis.
- Syntheway Magnus Choir VST plug-in hosted on FST 1.8 by Dave Phillips (Linux Journal Contributing Editor).
- VST3 for Virtual Studio Technology - VST3, New Standard for Virtual Studio Technology.
- Cnet (CBS Interactive) Magnus Choir at Cnet (CBS Interactive)
- Simtel Directory Magnus Choir at Simtel Digital River
- Dmoz Directory Syntheway at Dmoz.org Open Directory Project