|— Gymnast —|
Magnús Scheving at FRESH 2011
|Full name||Magnús Örn Eyjólfsson|
|Alternative name(s)||Magnús Scheving, Maggi|
November 10, 1964 |
Magnús Örn Eyjólfsson Scheving (born November 10, 1964) is an Icelandic writer, actor, producer, entrepreneur, and athlete. He is the creator and co-star of the children's television show LazyTown, in which he starred as Sportacus.
Scheving was born November 10, 1964.
In 1992 he became the Icelandic Men's Individual Champion in aerobic gymnastics. In 1993, he became the Scandinavian champion, and was the European champion twice in 1994 and 1995. He was voted Athlete of the Year in Iceland in 1994. He is the CEO, creator, and co-founder of LazyTown Entertainment. This company produces books, videos, games, and sporting goods to help promote fitness and a healthy lifestyle to children. He is also creator of the show LazyTown (Latibær in Iceland), where he plays Sportacus (known as Íþróttaálfurinn in Icelandic).
In 2006, Scheving received a Lifetime Achievement Award at the Icelandic Edda Award ceremonies for his work as founder and creator of the LazyTown franchise. The President of Iceland presented the award to him.
He was married to Ragnheiður Melsteð. The couple divorced in 2014. Scheving and Ragnheiður have two children. Scheving has another daughter from a previous relationship. He has two grandchildren. Scheving's patronym is Eyjólfsson, but he later chose to adopt his grandfather's last name, Scheving. He has a younger brother and an older sister. Scheving currently resides in Seltjarnarnes, Capital Region with his wife and two children, Sylivia Erla Scheving and Kristofer Scheving.
Scheving grew up in the small town of Borgarnes in Iceland. At 5 years old he had his first job as a telephone exchange messenger boy for Borgarnes. In his 20s, he made a bet with a friend, Fjölnir Þorgeirsson, that each could master a sport of the other's choosing he knew nothing about in three years. Scheving chose snooker for Fjölnir and Fjölnir chose aerobics for Scheving. Just as Scheving became a champion in aerobics, Fjölnir became Icelandic champion in snooker.
|2010||The Spy Next Door||Anton Poldark||His Hollywood debut|
- Ian Sanders (2008). Leap!: Ditch Your Job, Start Your Own Business & Set Yourself Free. p. 31. ISBN 978-1-84112-798-9.
- "YouTube – Edda 2006 – Magnús Segment (Subtitled)". Retrieved 2010-08-29.
- "Magnús Scheving, founder and creator receives the Icelandic EDDA Honour Award". LazyTown Entertainment. Retrieved September 8, 2010.
- Magnús Scheving at the Internet Movie Database
- Dyball, Richard (July 14, 2007). "Yes Im the real Sportacus". The Times (London).
- "Action man: The world of Sportacus". London: The Independent. July 3, 2007. Retrieved 2010-08-29.
- For a partial source for this account, see http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2006/nov/24/lifeandhealth.broadcasting.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Magnús Scheving.|