Magnus Wolff Eikrem
Eikrem with Norway U21 in 2011
|Full name||Magnus Wolff Eikrem|
|Date of birth||8 August 1990|
|Place of birth||Molde, Norway|
|Height||5 ft 8 in (1.73 m)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 15 February 2014.
† Appearances (Goals).
Magnus Wolff Eikrem (born 8 August 1990) is a Norwegian professional footballer who plays for Welsh club Cardiff City. His regular playing position is in attacking midfield, though he can play anywhere across the midfield. Eikrem was born in Molde in the Norwegian county of Møre og Romsdal, and began his football career with his local club, Molde FK, before joining Manchester United at the age of 16 in 2006. Eikrem transferred back to Molde in January 2011, where Ole Gunnar Solskjær had become the new manager. Solskjær had also been Eikrem's manager at the Manchester United reserve team. He joined Dutch club Heerenveen in June 2013, but only stayed for just over six months before making the move to Cardiff City in January 2014. Eikrem departed Cardiff City on the 19th December 2014 after being released as a free agent after playing a total of only 173 minutes for Cardiff in 11 months. 
Born in Molde, Eikrem began his football career as a 12-year-old with his local club, Molde FK. He was picked up after he attended one of Ole Gunnar Solskjær's soccer schools in Norway, despite the schools being for youngsters aged 14–16. Nevertheless, he impressed the coaches so much that they allowed him to attend, and he was signed by Manchester United on his 16th birthday.
Eikrem was a regular starter for the United under-18 side in the 2006–07 season, and helped the team to the final of the FA Youth Cup, where they lost to Liverpool 4–3 on penalties after the two-legged match finished 2–2 on aggregate. Eikrem was one of two United players to miss a penalty in the shoot-out, the other being captain Sam Hewson.
Eikrem also captained the Manchester United youth team to the final of the 2007 Milk Cup but United lost in stoppage time to Brazilian side Fluminense. A few days later, he played in his first game for the Manchester United first team, coming on as a substitute for Ryan Giggs in a 4–0 pre-season friendly win away to Dunfermline Athletic.
Eikrem continued as a regular member of the under-18 side throughout the 2007–08 season, making the odd appearance on the reserve team bench, before becoming a full member of the reserve side in 2008–09. During the season, he helped United to second place in the 2008–09 Premier Reserve League, as well as a cup double over Bolton Wanderers in the Manchester and Lancashire Senior Cups.
After playing in the reserve team's first four games of the 2009–10 season and scoring in a 2–1 league win over Wigan Athletic, Eikrem was rewarded by being given the #42 shirt for the first team's League Cup third round match against Wolverhampton Wanderers.
For the 2010–11 football season, Eikrem was named as a member of United's Champions League squad. He was named as a member of a "B-squad" alongside several other younger players such as Will Keane, Joe Dudgeon, Oliver Gill, Ben Amos and Corry Evans.
In January 2011, Eikrem transferred back to Norwegian team Molde, who were managed by former Manchester United reserve team manager Ole Gunnar Solskjær. In his first season, Eikrem was involved in the Molde squad that won Tippeligaen for the first time. He helped successfully defend the title in the 2012 Tippeligaen season.
On 24 June 2013, Eikrem signed a four-year contract for Heerenveen. He made his debut in the Eredivisie in a 4–2 home win against AZ. He scored his first goal for Heerenveen on 23 August 2013, against defending champions Ajax.
On 8 January 2014, Welsh side Cardiff City announced that Eikrem had signed a contract with the club, for an undisclosed fee and duration. He made his debut three days later, coming on as a 66th-minute substitute for Gary Medel in a 2-0 home defeat against West Ham United. He went on to make six top-flight appearances as Cardiff were relegated back to the second tier.
After a poor start to the 2014-15 season Solskjaer was sacked and his replacement, Russell Slade, placed Eikrem on the transfer list.  On the 19th December 2014, Eikrem had his contract terminated by mutual consent after not playing under his new manager Russell Slade. 
Eikrem received his first international call-up to the under-21s alongside team mate Joshua King in November 2010. Eikrem made his debut for the senior team when he replaced Markus Henriksen as a substitute in the 75th minute in a 1-1 friendly draw against Denmark on 15 January 2012.
- As of 15 February 2014
|Cardiff City||2013–14||Premier League||6||0||2||0||–||8||0|
- "Premier League Clubs submit Squad Lists" (PDF). Premier League. 4 February 2014. p. 6. Retrieved 9 February 2014.
- "Squad Profiles: Magnus Eikrem". BBC Sport. British Broadcasting Corporation. Retrieved 12 October 2010.
- Hustad, Trond (29 December 2010). "Jeg er enig med Molde". rbnett.no. Romsdals Budstikke. Retrieved 14 April 2011.
- Mathieson, Stuart (20 June 2006). "Ole's star pupil chooses Reds". Manchester Evening News (M.E.N. Media). Retrieved 13 June 2007.
- Mawhinney, Stuart (26 April 2007). "Liverpool retain Youth Cup". TheFA.com. The Football Association. Retrieved 13 June 2007.
- "Boys from Brazil edge out United". BBC Sport (British Broadcasting Corporation). 3 August 2007. Retrieved 22 September 2009.
- Bartram, Steve (8 August 2007). "Report: Dunfermline 0 Utd 4". ManUtd.com (Manchester United). p. 3. Retrieved 22 September 2009.
- Bartram, Steve (30 April 2009). "Reserves face champions". ManUtd.com (Manchester United). Retrieved 22 September 2009.
- Bartram, Steve (12 May 2009). "Reserves: Bolton 0 United 1". ManUtd.com (Manchester United). Retrieved 22 September 2009.
- Bartram, Steve (17 August 2009). "Reserves: Bolton 0 Utd 1". ManUtd.com (Manchester United). Retrieved 22 September 2009.
- Bartram, Steve (3 September 2009). "Reserves: United 2 Wigan 1". ManUtd.com (Manchester United). Retrieved 22 September 2009.
- Hibbs, Ben (22 September 2009). "Today at Old Trafford - 13:18". ManUtd.com (Manchester United). Retrieved 22 September 2009.
- van Leeuwen, Gerrit (24 June 2013). "Transfer News: Heerenveen sign Magnus Wolff Eikrem and Yanic Wildschut". Sky Sports. Retrieved 30 September 2013.
- Sylvarnes, Truls Grane (3 August 2013). "Wolff Eikrem vant den norske midtbaneduellen" (in Norwegian). TV 2. Retrieved 8 September 2013.
- Hugsted, Christian M. (23 August 2013). "Wolff Eikrem scoret sitt første mål i Nederland" (in Norwegian). Dagbladet. Retrieved 8 September 2013.
- "City sign Magnus Wolff Eikrem". cardiffcityfc.co.uk (Cardiff City FC). 8 January 2014. Retrieved 8 January 2014.
- "Cardiff City sign Norwegian midfielder Magnus Wolff Eikrem". BBC Sport (British Broadcasting Corporation). 8 January 2014. Retrieved 8 January 2014.
- "Elyounoussi reddet Norge: - Dette lover godt". vg.no (in Norwegian). VG. 15 January 2012. Retrieved 15 January 2012.
- Gundersen, Jørgen (17 November 2006). "Eikrem (16) fikk United-debuten". Dagbladet.no (in Norwegian) (DB Medialab AS). Retrieved 22 September 2009.
- "Magnus Eikrem wins long-term Man Utd contract". tribalfootball.com (Tribal Football). 24 October 09. Retrieved 20 October 2010. Check date values in:
- "Magnus Wolff Eikrem". nifs.no (in Norwegian). A-pressen. Retrieved 17 March 2013.