Map of Mwanza's Districts (pre-2012)
Magu District is one of the seven districts of the Mwanza Region of Tanzania, East Africa. Its administrative centre is the town of Magu on the Simiyu River. It is bordered to the north by Lake Victoria, to the south by Kwimba District, Misungwi District and the Shinyanga Region, to the east by the Shinyanga Region, and to the west by the city of Mwanza.
As of 2002, the population of Magu was 416,113.
For parliamentary elections, Tanzania is divided into constituencies. As of the 2010 elections Magu District had two constituencies:
The twenty-seven wards in 2002:
- Magu District (Approved) at GEOnet Names Server, United States National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency
- "2002 Population and Housing Census: General Report: Mwanza: Magu". Archived from the original on 18 March 2004.
- "Organisations located in Magu District - Tanzania". African Development Information.
- "Socio-Economic Profile of Mwanza Region". The Planning Commission, Dar es Salaam, and The Regional Commissioner's Office, Mwanza. October 1997. Archived from the original on 31 May 2004.
- "Postcodes Mwanza Region 33000". Tanzania Communications Regulatory Authority (TCRA). 2012.
|This Mwanza Region location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|