|Occupation||Property Developer, Civil Engineer|
Maha Sinnathamby  is a Malaysian Australian businessman and property developer of Tamil ancestry. He lived in a rubber estate Rantau before moving to Australia and becoming an entrepreneur with a vision to build an entire city.
Sinnathamby founded Greater Springfield almost 20 years ago on nearly 3000 hectares outside of Brisbane. Springfield is now a community of more than 21,000 residents living, working and raising families. Predictions are that the population will swell by more than 100,000 people within the next 20 years into a city the size of Darwin.
Sinnathamby’s work was acknowledged globally last year with the city being named the world's best master-planned community by the International Real Estate Federation (FIABCI).
Other awards include:
- Centenary Medal for regional development in Australia 
- Honorary Doctorate from the University of Southern Queensland for his services to education 
- Ernst and Young Master Entrepreneur of the Year 
- Paul Harris Fellowship by Rotary International for community development 
- Australian Institute of Management Medal for Management Innovation.
- Global Organisation for People of Indian Origin (GOPIO)International Renowned Entrepreneur Excellence Award 2010 
Sinnathamby is passionately committed to uplifting society through education, which he credits as having played a transformative role in his life. This passion has been translated into a booming education precinct within Greater Springfield called Education City which boasts 8,500 students and a university, a technical college and eight schools.
He has also established a program of scholarships within Greater Springfield and takes a particular pride in seeing people with limited access to education blossom and reach their potential.
An equivalent health precinct, Health City, is under construction and will offer Springfield residents and the wider region access to a range of professional health services.
Mr Sinnathamby’s desire to build a city with a strong sense of community is evident in his commitment to social philanthropy and he has donated more than $200 million of land and funds for vital social infrastructure.
His company has donated land for schools, an ambulance station, a police station, a highway and a heavy rail line due for completion in 2013.
- Maha Sinnathamby ... the man behind Australia's largest master-planned community
- Meet Maha Sinnathamby
- Welcome to greater springfield
- World's Best Master Planned Community, Greater Springfield
- Centenary Medal by the Governor General of Australia
- Doctor of the University of Southern Queensland
- Ernst and Young Master Entrepreneur of the Year 2003
- Paul Harris Fellowship by Rotary International in 2003
- Dr Maha Sinnathamby - 2007 Medal for Management Innovation
- Global Organization of People of Indian Origin 2010
- Sinnathamby Scholarship Winner for 2010 announced
- Springfield here we come: rail line construction to begin mid-year