||This article may be expanded with text translated from the corresponding article in the Persian Wikipedia. (August 2009)|
Location of Mahabad County in West Azerbaijan Province.
|Bakhsh (Districts)||Central District, Khalifan District|
|Time zone||IRST (UTC+3:30)|
|• Summer (DST)||IRDT (UTC+4:30)|
|Mahabad County can be found at GEOnet Names Server, at this link, by opening the Advanced Search box, entering "9205914" in the "Unique Feature Id" form, and clicking on "Search Database".|
Mahabad County (Persian: شهرستان مهاباد) is a county in West Azerbaijan Province in Iran. The capital of the county is Mahabad. Because of its strategic position and its proximity with the border the city is a stop for many travelers. At the 2006 census, the county's population was 197,441 (100,085 men and 97,358 women), in 42,493 families. The county is subdivided into two districts: the Central District and Khalifan District. The county has one city: Mahabad.
According to the national 2006 census, the county is divided as follows:
- Akhtachi-ye Gharbi Rural District, in Central District
- Mokriyan-e Gharbi Rural District, in Central District
- Mokriyan-e Sharqi Rural District, in Central District
- Kani Bazar Rural District, in Khalifan District
- Mangur-e Sharqi Rural District, in Khalifan District
The county, with an area of 2591 km², is approximatively located at 36°46'N,45°43'E. The climate is mountainous with cold winters and temperate summers. Mahabad river flows through the capital.
- "Census of the Islamic Republic of Iran, 1385 (2006)". Islamic Republic of Iran. Archived from the original (EXCEL) on 2011-11-11.
- اطلس گیتاشناسی استانهای ایران [Atlas Gitashenasi Ostanhai Iran] (Gitashenasi Province Atlas of Iran)
|This Mahabad County location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|