|Elevation||860 m (2,820 ft)|
|Last eruption||1895 (disputed)|
'Mahagnao Volcano also known as part of (Mahagnao Volcano Natural Park) is a dormant volcano located in the Barangay Mahagnao part of the municipality of Burauen municipalities of Burauen and La Paz in the province of Leyte, Philippines.
On the southern flank of the volcano, two crater lakes are located, Lakes Danao and Malagsom. Hot Springs are located on the southern shore of Lake Danao (not to be confused with the other Lake Danao which is located near Ormoc City and part of Lake Danao Natural Park). Lake Malagsom is a crater lake with green acidic water.
Rocks primarily found on the volcano are andesite.
An eruption was reported to have occurred in 1895 but no further details are available.
Philippine Institute of Volcanology and Seismology (PHIVOLCS) classifies Mahangao as inactive volcano even with the active thermal features of the mountain.
Mahagnao Volcano Natural Park
Mahagnao Volcano is the focal point of the Mahagnao Volcano National Park created on August 27, 1937 with Proclamation no. 184 with an area encompassing 635 hectares (1,570 acres). Under the National Integrated Protected Areas System (NIPAS) of the Department of Environment and Natural Resources, the park was renamed to Mahagnao Volcano Natural Park with Proclamation no. 1157 on February 3, 1998.
- List of active volcanoes in the Philippines
- List of potentially active volcanoes in the Philippines
- List of inactive volcanoes in the Philippines
- List of protected areas of the Philippines
- "Mahagnao - Eruption History". Global Volcanism Program. Retrieved on 2011-08-11.
- "Inactive Volcanoes, Part 5". PHIVOLCS. Retrieved on 2011-08-14.
- "NIPAS Initial Components". Protected Areas and Wildlife Bureau. Retrieved on 2011-08-02.
- "Protected Areas of Region 8". Protected Areas and Wildlife Bureau. Retrieved on 2011-08-02.
- "Pictures of Mahagnao Volcano National Park"
- PHIVOLCS Volcano Monitoring
- "Mahagnao". Global Volcanism Program. Smithsonian Institution.