Mahamaya irrigation project
|Mahamaya irrigation project|
|Catchment area||3360 hectare|
Mahamaya irrigation project (Bengali: মহামায়া সেচ প্রকল্প) is an irrigation project of Bangladesh and situated at Durgapur union, Mirsharai Upazila, Chittagong. It is build for providing irrigation water to 3360 hectare area and was initiated in 2007-2008 financial year. It costs about 230 million taka and construction was completed in 2009. This project was inaugurated by Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina in 29 December 2010. It is the second largest man made lake in Bangladesh after Kaptai Lake and also a beautiful visiting spot. Government is also planning to install a 50 kW mini hydro electric powerplant here.
- "Hasina lampoons Khaleda's opulence". bdnews24.com. 29 December 2010. Retrieved 30 August 2013.
- "Govt to install hydropower plant in Ctg". Daily Sun. Retrieved 30 August 2013.
- "মিরসরাই মহামায়া প্রকল্প (Mahamaya irrigation project)". Kaler Kantho. Retrieved 30 August 2013.
- "PM to visit Ctg Wednesday: Mohamaya irrigation project to be on". banglanews24.com. 28 December 2010. Retrieved 30 August 2013.
- "Development of Renewable Energy Technologies by BPDB". Bangladesh Power Development Board. Retrieved 30 August 2013.
- Development of Renewable Energy Technologies by BPDB
- Bangladesh: Poverty Reduction Strategy Paper By International Monetary Fund. African Dept.
- The Bay Belongs to Bangladesh - Energy & Power
|This Chittagong Division location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|