Maharaja Agrasen Institute of Technology
MAIT administrative block
|President||M. L. Goyal|
|Location||New Delhi, India|
|Campus||Urban, 10.50 acres (4.25 ha)|
Maharaja Agrasen Institute of Technology (MAIT) is a private Engineering College, located in New Delhi, India. One of the leading colleges of Delhi and North India, MAIT has 12 departments (Five-Engineering, Four-Research and Three-Auxiliary). It is affiliated to the Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University, Delhi. It is considered one of the top engineering colleges of northern India.
The MAIT campus is located in Rohini Sector-22, North Delhi, spread over an area of 10.5 acres (42,000 m2). The campus has a main Administrative Block, Eight educational blocks for the branches and two blocks for MAIMS (MBA, BBA & BJMC). The campus has a multi-storey boy's hostel, multi-story library, canteen, amphitheater, an auditorium, a football and cricket ground. There is also a branch of the Union Bank of India on the grounds.
MAIT has been ranked as the 21st best engineering college in India by the DataQuest Magaize for the year 2012. It has also been ranked at 70 among engineering colleges in India by the The Week-Hansa survey conducted by The Week magazine, and also the 27th best private engineering college in India by the same magazine.
- The college has an active IEEE, CSI and SAE student wings in the college along with the 'Green Concept', a green initiative by the students of the college.
- An Entrepreneurial Development Cell(EDC) has been set up to help the potential graduates with the future options.
- The music, theatrical and dance societies – Aura, Lords, Aayaam etc. – are rated amongst the best in the region.
- Genesis, is the annual Management & Cultural festival, organized by MBA Department.
- Sportz, is the annual sports fest, exclusively held by and for the students of the college across 10 different sports over a period of two days.
- Techsurge, is the annual inter college technical fest featuring over 70 technical events.
- Mridang, the annual inter college cultural fest of MAIT is witnessed during the even semester of every academic year organized by the BTech department, that attracts attendances running into several thousands. The fest has events like music, dance, fashion parade, pop-show, a Kavi Sammelan, that saw humorist-satirist Dr. Kumar Vishwas feature last year, Armaggedon(Battle of Bands), Desi Beats(Group Dance) and a Star Night that has featured the likes of Mika, Bombay Rockers and Jal main eventing in recent years.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Maharaja Agrasen Institute of Technology.|