Kishan Singh of Bharatpur
||This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (August 2012)|
|Maharaja Kisan Singh|
|Marharajah of Bharatpur|
|Reign||1918 - 1929 AD|
|Predecessor||Maharani Girraj Kaur|
|Successor||Maharaja Brijendra Singh|
|House||Sinsiniwar Jat Dynasty|
|Father||Maharaja Ram Singh|
|Mother||Maharani Girraj Kaur|
|Born||4 October 1899
|Died||27 March 1929
Maharaja Kishan Singh was born at Moti Mahal, Bharatpur on 4 October 1899 in a Hindu Jat family. He was eldest son of Maharaja Ram Singh by his second wife, Maharani Girraj Kaur. He was educated at Mayo College, Ajmer and Wellington.
He succeeded on the deposition of his father on 27 August 1900. Installed on the gadi at Bharatpur on 30 August 1900. He reigned under the regency of his mother until he came of age and was invested with full ruling powers on 28 November 1918.
He reorganized army in 1919. He made Hindi as state language. He toured to Sri Lanka and established ‘Brij-mandal’ in Shimla. He also made primary education compulsory. He promulgated social reforms act. He introduced the system of participation of public in state affairs through credit banks, issuing society and village panchayat acts.
He promoted the establishment of Ayurvedic hospitals. He started organizing exhibition in Bharatpur every year to promote trade and arts. He took steps towards the protection of cows. The steps taken by him in 1924 famine in the interest of public are always remembered.
His Jat pride
Death and Succession
- 1899-1900: Yuvraj Shri Kishan Singh Bahadur Sahib
- 1900-1918: His Highness Maharaja Shri Brijendra Sawai Kishan Singh Bahadur Jang, Maharaja of Bharatpur
- 1918-1 January 1921: Lieutenant His Highness Maharaja Shri Brijendra Sawai Kishan Singh Bahadur Jang, Maharaja of Bharatpur
- 1 January-25 October 1921: Major His Highness Maharaja Shri Brijendra Sawai Kishan Singh Bahadur Jang, Maharaja of Bharatpur
- 25 October-Dec 1921: Lieutenant-Colonel His Highness Maharaja Shri Brijendra Sawai Kishan Singh Bahadur Jang, Maharaja of Bharatpur
- 1921-1926: Colonel His Highness Maharaja Shri Brijendra Sawai Kishan Singh Bahadur Jang, Maharaja of Bharatpur
- 1926-1929: Colonel His Highness Maharaja Shri Sir Brijendra Sawai Kishan Singh Bahadur Jang, Maharaja of Bharatpur, KCSI
- Delhi Durbar gold medal-1911
- Knight Commander of the Order of the Star of India (KCSI)-1926
- Grand Officer of the Order of the Crown of Belgium-1926
- Dhar (guerrilla_warfare) audacious daring tactic of Jat and Marathas warriors
- Gokula Jat nemesis of Aurangzeb
- Maharaja Suraj Mal
- Raja Ram Jat nemesis of Aurangzeb
Kishan Singh of Bharatpur
Sinsinwar Jat DynastyBorn: 1899 Died: 27 March 1929
Maharani Girraj Kaur
|Maharaja of Bharatpur
Maharaja Brijendra Singh
- Thakur Deshraj: Jat Itihas (Hindi), Maharaja Suraj Mal Smarak Shiksha Sansthan, Delhi, 1934, 2nd edition 1992.
- Dr Natthan Singh: Jat - Itihas (Hindi), Jat Samaj Kalyan Parishad Gwalior, 2004