Maharashtra State Power Generation Company
|Founded||June 6, 2005 (As MSEB was trifurcated)|
|Headquarters||Bandra, Mumbai, India|
|Shri Ajit Pawar Chairman , Shri Asheesh Sharma Managing Director|
|Revenue||Approx Rs. 7400 Crore|
Number of employees
|Parent||Government Of Maharashtra|
The company has about 15,000 employees.
It has been incorporated under Indian Companies Act 1956 pursuant to decision of Govt. of Maharashtra to reorganize Erstwhile Maharashtra State Electricity Board. Mahagenco has been incorporated in June 2005.
Mahagenco has the highest overall generation capacity and the highest thermal installed capacity amongst all the state power generation utilities in india. In terms of installed capacity, it is the second highest generation company after NTPC.
Mahagenco is the only State Utility having a very well balanced generation portfolio involving thermal, hydel & gas stations along with solar power plant. The first 500 MW plant to be installed in any State Utility belongs to Maharashtra.
Power Stations operated by MSPGCL
Thermal Power Stations Coal based
- Chandrapur Super Thermal Power Station - 2340 MW.
- Koradi Thermal Power Station - 620 MW
- Khaparkheda Thermal Power Station - 1340 MW
- Bhusawal Thermal Power Station - 1420 MW
- Nashik Thermal Power Station - 630 MW
- Parli Thermal Power Station - 1130 MW
- Paras Thermal Power Station - 500 MW
Ongoing Thermal Power Projects
- Koradi Project U-8,9,10 - 3X660MW 
- Chandrapur Project U-8,9 - 2X500MW
- Parli Project U-8 - 1X250MW
Thermal Power Stations Gas based
- Uran Gas Turbine Power Station - 4X108, 2X120 = 672MW
Hydro Power Stations
- Koyna Hydroelectric Project - 1,956 MW
- Ghatghar Pumped Storage Hydroelectric Power Plant - 250 MW
- Yeldari Dam
- Vaitarana Dam
- Surya Dam
- Tillari Dam, Chandgad
- Bhatghar Dam
- Veer, Maharashtra
- Bhira - 80 MW
- Panshet Dam
- Varasgaon Dam
- Pavana Dam
- Warna Dam
- Ujani Dam
- Manikdoh Dam
- Dimbhe Dam
- Kanher Dam
- "Industries in Maharashtra may face `staggering' load shedding every week". The Hindu Business Line. Retrieved 2010-09-28.
- "www.powergenworldwide.com second largest power producing company in India". Powergenworldwide.com. Retrieved 2010-09-28.
- "MSPGCL subordinate engineers strike work for the day - India - DNA". Dnaindia.com. 2009-01-02. Retrieved 2010-09-28.
- "MAHAGENCO - Maharashtra State Power Generation Co. Ltd". Mahagenco.in. Retrieved 2010-09-28.
- Official site
- official detailed summary of all generating power plants
- official links to various power plants
- Maharashtra State Electricity Board
- Maharashtra State Electricity Transmission Company Limited
- Maharashtra State Electricity Distribution Company Limited