|Other names:||Hanuman Mandir|
|Proper name:||Mahavir Mandir|
|Architecture and culture|
|Architectural styles:||Aryan Architecture|
|First built - unknown
Rebuilt - 1947
Final Rebuilt - 1987
Mahavir Mandir (Hindi: हनुमान मन्दिर) is one of the holiest Hindu temples dedicated to Lord Hanuman, located in Patna, Bihar, India. Million of pilgrims visit the temple every year and is the second most visited religious shrine in North India. Acharya Kishore Kunal is the secretary of the Mahavir Mandir Temple Trust, Patna.
The first establishment date of temple is unknown. This temple gained popularity in 1947 with large number of Hindu refugees coming to Patna after the partition of India. Subsequently temple was rebuilt as a concrete house at same time. Even this was broken down in 1987 to make a huge marble temple. The idol of Sankat-Mochan stands in it.
Long winding queues can be seen at the temple on Saturdays and Tuesdays, the traditional worshiping days of Lord Hanuman.
Shri Mahavir Sthan Nyas Samiti
Mahavir Mandir Trusts is named Shri Mahavir Sthan Nyas Samiti and monitors working and development of temple. The Trusts also runs human welfare organization like Mahavir Cancer Institute & Research Centre, Mahavir Vaatsalya Hospital and Mahavir Arogya Hospital and several hospitals and orphanage in the Bihar. The trust has submitted its 2008-09 budget, which is of 35.13 crore.
- "Mahavir Mandir to have its twin in Houston". Times of India. 9 July 2009.
- TNN May 7, 2008, 05.38am IST (2008-05-07). "Mandir trust submits Rs 35-cr budget - Times Of India". Articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com. Retrieved 2013-10-03.
- TNN Apr 1, 2009, 01.58am IST (2009-04-01). "Earning of Mahavir Mandir goes up to Rs 1 lakh per day - Times Of India". Articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com. Retrieved 2013-10-03.
- Faizan Ahmad, TNN Jan 2, 2008, 03.49am IST (2008-01-02). "Crowds throng temples on New Year - Times Of India". Articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com. Retrieved 2013-10-03.
- [dead link]
- Mahavir Mandir published an ebook on Ayodhya debate written by Acharya Kishore Kunal that was at this link www.mahavirmandirpatna.org/prakashan/ebook/bookindex.html
- Mahavir Mandir Patna official website
- History of Mahavir Mandir on "Official website Patna"
- Mahavir Mandir trust to Build another Cancer Hospice in Hajipur
- Floating stone has been brought in from famous ramsetu which never sinks in water.It is there for public exhibition.
|This article about an Indian Hindu place of worship is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|