Ph.D. 1996 University of Minnesota, USA. Chemical Engineering. B.Sc. 1990 King Saud University, KSA. Chemical Eng. with First Degree Honors.
Awards and honors
- King Abdulaziz Medal of First Degree given by the Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques, King Abdullah bin Abdulaziz, for patent and technology achievement (2006).
- King Saud University Award for Research achievement (2007).
Electrochemical modeling of transient systems. Characterization of electrochemical systems using DC and AC techniques. Control and prevention of corrosion. Auto-catalytic electrochemical reactions. Characterization of corrosion reactions and their mechanism, Detection of corrosion rates, Corrosion control and protection. Study of deposition mechanism, film thickness uniformity, impurities in deposited films. Different surface structures for high surface area catalyst, inductive coils, and micro-electrodes. Recognize and evaluate potential failure modes to reduce or eliminate failure. Advanced materials. Membrane separations, water treatment and purification.
- Director of trilateral collaboration in research between KACST, Alfaisal University, and MIT. The collaboration resulted in four projects which are funded by KACST in different areas of nanotechnology and energy. Involved in one of the projects as principal investigator in the development of nano-patterned fuel cell electrodes. The total budget of the project is about 6 Million multiple research projects as principal investigator in corrosion and corrosion protection. Saudi Riyals (i.e. 1.5 million USD).
- Development of Small Scale Brackish Water Desalination Units for Remote Arid Regions, 2009, KACST –Internal Research, M. Goosen (PI), M. Alodan, H. Abad, O. AlHarbi (KACST-PM) H. Elldessouky, S. AlFadi, A. Alquwaizani . (Submitted).
- Mapping of Atmospheric Corrosion rate in Saudi Arabia. Funds were granted from KACST, SABIC, SEC, and KSU.
- Cathodic protection of pipeline: Characterization and modeling of corrosion. Funds were granted from KACST, SABIC, SEC, and KSU.
- Corrosion of electric distribution poles. Funds were granted from KACST, SABIC, SEC, and KSU.
- Characterization of Mass Transfer During Metal Electrodeposition, (by KACST), Metallizing Non-Conductors, Modeling of Corrosion, Corrosion of Metallurgical Steel, Corrosion of Pipelines, Atmospheric Corrosion, Modeling of Cathodic Protection.
- Refereed journal papers: Al-Ghyamah, A., and Alodan, M., “Effect of Relative humidity and Pollutants on Iron Corrosion Using Quartz Crystal Microbalance", Submitted to Corrosion. NACE.
- Tahir, W., and Alodan, M., “Modeling of Three Dimensional Microscale Cathodic Protection”, Submitted to Journal Electrochimica Acta.
- Alodan, M. and Al-Ghyamah, A., 2006. “Electrochemical Characterization of Metallurgical Steel”, Accepted at KSJ, update?? Alodan, M., 2005. “Metallizing Polyetherimide Resin Reinforced with Glass Fibers”, Journal of King Saud University, Volume 17, Engineering Sciences (No. 2).
- Almuatiary, G. and Alodan, M., 2006. “Coated Pipeline in Soil Environment”, NACE Bahrain 11MECC. - Almuatiary, G. and Alodan, M., 2006. “Electrochemical Study and Modeling of Coated Pipeline”, LatinCorr Conference, Brazil, Fortaleza, May. - Alodan, M., 2006. “Mapping of Atmospheric Corrosion in Saudi Arabia”, SABIC 7th Technical Exchange Meeting, Al-Jubail, Dec. - Alodan, M., Almutairy, G., Abdulaleem, F., and Taher, W., 2005. “Pipeline Corrosion in Soil”, ARAMCO TEM meeting, Dhahran. - Almuatiary G. and Alodan, M., 2005. “Electrochemical Study of Coated Pipeline in Soil Environment”, Eurocorr, Portugal.
- King Saud University, Chem. Eng. Dept. (2000–2007)
- Rasooldeen, Md (29 December 2009). "Website launched to boost education". Arab Times. Retrieved 18 June 2011.