|District||South 24 Parganas|
|• Official||Bengali, English|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Diamond Harbour|
|Vidhan Sabha constituency||Maheshtala|
Maheshtala (Bengali:মহেশতলা) is a city and a municipality under Maheshtala, Thakurpukur, Metiaburuz and Behala police stations of Alipore sadar subdivision in South 24 Parganas district in the Indian state of West Bengal.
As of 2001[update] India census, Maheshtala had a population of 389,214. Males constitute 53% of the population and females 47%. Maheshtala has an average literacy rate of 69%, higher than the national average of 59.5%: male literacy is 74%, and female literacy is 63%. In Maheshtala, 11% of the population is under 6 years of age.
A London-based company has joined hands with a Bengali NRI to develop a mini township known as the Mahestala project as a joint venture with the Maheshtala Municipality, for which 21.22 acres (85,900 m2) have been acquired near Nungi station. There will be 2,240 middle income group flats in 44 buildings. The company will improve the road infrastructure in the area.
- 77A Esplanade - Batanagar via- P.G Hospital, P.T.S, Alipur Zoo, Ekbalpur, Mominpur, Majherhat, Taratala, Brace Bridge, Jingira Bazar Mollargate, Dakghar, Bata More
- 77A Esplanade - Birlapur (NO BATA) via- P.G Hospital, P.T.S, Alipur Zoo, Ekbalpur, Mominpur, Majherhat, Taratala, Bracebridge, Jingira Bazar, Mollargate, Dakghar, Bata More, Mahestala, Budgebudge, Charial, Birla More
- 259 Howrah - Akra via- Barabazar, Babu ghat, Khiddirpore, Ekbalpur, Mominpur, Majherhat, Taratala, Brace Bridge, Jingira Bazar, Mollargate, Dakghar, Akra
- Budge Budge Local Sealdah - Budge Budge via- Park circus, Ballygung, Lake gardens, Tollygung, New Alipore, Majherhat, Brace Bridge, Santoshpur, Akra, Nungi, Budge Budge
- Shanti Ranjan Samanta (1954 – ), Singer, Music Trainer, Music Composer
- Siddhartha Dutta(1957 -),Poet,Actor,Writer
- Jaganmoy Paul, Eminent Business Man & Politician.
- "Census of India". District-wise list of stautory towns. Directorate of census operations, West Bengal. Archived from the original on 2007-08-09. Retrieved 2007-09-02.
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.
- "London-NRI route to mini townships". The Statesman, 18 May 2007. Archived from the original on 2007-09-29. Retrieved 2007-09-03.