Vij is a model and has appeared in numerous music videos including Tu, Tu Hai Wahi (DJ Aqeel Mix). She was the female lead in the TV series Akela in 2006.
She played the lead role of Pratha in the Sahara One show Shubh Kadam. Her breakthrough role was that of protagonist Nakusha in the television show Laagi Tujhse Lagan on Colors TV. She was seen in season 4 of Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa as a contestant.
She was later seen in Nach Baliye 5 with her husband Jay Banushali, and the couple emerged victorious as the winners of Nach Baliye Season 5. She was one of the contestants of Khatron Ke Khiladi 5, however she had to opt out due to a leg injury.
- Akela (2007–2008)
- Kaisi Laagi Lagan & Shubh Kadam: Pratha (2008–2009)
- Laagi Tujhse Lagan: Nakusha Patil (2009–2012)
- Jhalak Dikhla Jaa Season 4 as herself
- Aparichithan (Malayalam movie) as kalyani (2004)
- Yeh Wada Raha (Hindi Video) (2007)
- Comedy Circus Ka Naya Daur (2011)
- V The Serial (2012) as herself (cameo)
- Movers And Shakers (2012) as herself
- Nach Baliye 5 (2012-2013) as Herself with Jay Bhanushali
- Comedy Nights with Kapil as guest performer.
- Teri Meri Love Stories as Saloni (2012)
- Encounter (2014)
- "Sony firms up 10 pm slot with new thriller 'Akela', 2 more shows to follow". Indiantelevision.com.
- "Shubh Kadam out of Sahara". Tellychakkar.com. Retrieved 2011-01-01.
- "Mahi Vij opts out of Khatron Ke Khiladi 5 due to Injury". IANS. Biharprabha News. Retrieved 5 February 2014.