|Born||Mahira Hafeez Khan
|Alma mater||Foundation Public School
University of Southern California
|Occupation||Actress, Model, VJ|
Mahira Khan Māhirah Ḵẖān born Mahira Hafeez Khan Māhirah Ḥafīz̤ Ḵẖān is a Pakistani actress and VJ. Noted for playing a variety of characters in a range of films and serials-from contemporary social to romantic dramas—Khan has received one Lux Style Award, Pone Pakistan Media Award and two Hum Awards, and has established herself as one of Pakistan's most high-profile celebrities.
Khan made her screen debut with a supporting role in the 2011 social drama Bol, which rank among one of the highest-grossing Pakistani film of all the time. Her performance in the film garnered critical appreciation and earned her the Lux Style Award for Best Film Actress nomination. She has worked in television serials including Neeyat (2011), Humsafar (2012), Shehr-e-Zaat (2012) and Sadqay Tumhare (2014).
In addition to acting, she is active in humanitarian work, has a number of endorsement deals.
Khan was born into a Pashtun family in Karachi, Pakistan. She did her schooling from Foundation Public School, and then went to California for higher education at the age of 17, where she studied at the University of Southern California, before returning to Pakistan in 2008.
VJ and modeling career
Khan began her career as a VJ when she was 16 years old. Khan hosted the live show Most Wanted three days a week on MTV Pakistan, and she then hosted Weekends with Mahira on Aag TV. In 2013, she hosted 1st Hum Awards with Mikaal Zulfiqar.
Khan participated in the opening of PFDC-The Boulevard for Pakistani designer wear in India. She has walked the ramp for fashion designer Deepak Perwani. Since then she has appeared in fashion shows for numerous designers.
Film debut & breakthrough
In 2011, Khan made her film debut with Bol directed by Shoaib Mansoor, produced by Shamoon Abbasi, which was the first highest-grossing Pakistani film of all time. Khan played the role of (Ayesha, a feisty tomboy) who keeps harassing by her father and marries to a Shia Muslim boy without telling her father, earned her unanimous critical appreciation and recognition. Taran Adarsh said, "Mahira don't get much scope and she is strictly okay, her screen space is limited to a few sequence and two songs". NDTV Movies described Khan as "Mahira and Atif is in love with each other was terribly tragic consequence". Galaxy Lollywood observed, "Mahira and Atif were not required at all. By the end of the film it was obvious that they had been used for the youth factor and they did not had to do other than dance and sing." Komal Nahta of Koimoi added that "Mahira and Humaima played the role of girls who wants to lead a life of respect and honor, who were born in an orthodox family, which is undoubtedly the best." Khan went on to nominate for Lux Style Award for Best Actress.
Khan is simultaneously filming Haissam Hussain's Bin Roye Ansoo, an adaption of Farhat Ishtiaq's novel of the same name alongside Humayun Saeed and Humayun Saeed. She has also signed Asim Raza's untitled project opposite Sheheryar Munawar Siddiqui and Adeel Hussain.
She achieved further critical and commercial success for her role of Khirad Ehsan, a middle-class girl who marries with her wealthy cousin gives birth to new rivalry, in the 2011 Sarmad Sultan Khoosat's Humsafar (based on Farhat Ishtiaq's novel of the same name) opposite Fawad Afzal Khan, which received Pakistan's highest rating ever, at 9.75 and proved her biggest role yet making her a famous actress across the country. Her acting was very much well praised in Humsafar along with her chemistry with her co-star Fawad Afzal Khan.
Khan next appeared opposite Mikaal Zulfiqar and Mohib Mirza in Sarmad Sultan Khoosat's Shehr-e-Zaat (based on Umera Ahmad's novel of the same name), aired on Hum TV. She received alot of appreciation & recognition for her role of Falak "an epitome of beauty and brains, belonging to the elite class who falls in love and gets married to Salman", which made her one of the best actresses of Pakistani television.
Khan is currently seen in Ehteshamuddin's romantic drama Sadqay Tumhare, airing on Hum TV. Setted in 70s, serial follows the story of simple and innocent girl Shanno who is in blindly love with his fiance Khalil, who hasn't seen her since last 10 years, but on a family occasion he met her and falls in love with her. The drama is receiving high reviews from the viewers and critics.
Personal life and and off-screen work
In The Media
Khan is the face of Nestle Nesvita and Feeha Jamshed Lawn which is a popularly growing brands of Pakistan. She is chosen as the face of top brand Luscious Cosmetics which was earlier endorsed by actress Iman Ali. In 2012, she was named as the Most Beautiful Women in Pakistan.
- 2008 MTV's Most Wanted as host
- 2008 Weekends with Mahira as host
- 2011 Neeyat as Aalia
- 2011 Humsafar as Khirad Ehsan
- 2012 Shehr-e-Zaat as Falak
- 2013 1st Hum Awards as host
- 2013 Coke Kahani as herself
- 2014 TUC The Lighter Side of Life as host
- 2014 Sadqay Tumhare as Shanno
Awards and recognition
|2012||Bol||Lux Style Awards||Best Actress||Nominated|
|Humsafar||2nd Pakistan Media Awards||Best Actress||Won|
|2013||1st Hum Awards||Best On Screen Couple (with Fawad Afzal Khan)|
|12th Lux Style Awards||Best TV Actress (Satellite)|
|Ist Hum Awards||Incredible Success|
|Shehr-e-Zaat||1st Hum Awards||Best Actress|
|Veet Celebration of Beauty Awards||Beauty of the Year||Nominated|
|Veet Celebration of Beauty Awards||Best Smile|
|2014||Shehr-e-Zaat||Pakistan Media Awards||Best Actress||Won|
- "Mahira Khan: the unusual, shining star". The News on Sunday. Retrieved 15 October 2014.
- Zoya Anwer. "I'm as nervous about 'Sadqay Tumhare' as I was for my first drama: Mahira Khan". Dawn.com. Retrieved 15 October 2014.
- "In conversation with ‘Humsafar’ couple – Fawad Khan, Mahira Khan - The Indian Express". The Indian Express. Retrieved 15 October 2014.
- "Fawad Khan to Work with Mahira Again?". India West. Retrieved 15 October 2014.
- "‘Humsafar made me popular’ - The Indian Express". The Indian Express. Retrieved 15 October 2014.
- "Mahira Khan Excited About Rumored Screening of Humsafar in India". Pakistan Tribune. Retrieved 15 October 2014.
- "Mahira Khan denies plans for Bollywood debut opposite Ranveer Singh - Hindustan Times". http://www.hindustantimes.com/. Retrieved 15 October 2014.
- "Fawad Khan and Mahira Khan to re-unite again". Business Recorder. Retrieved 15 October 2014.
- "Mahira Khan not making her bollywood debut opposite Ranveer Singh". Business Recorder. Retrieved 15 October 2014.
- "Mahira Khan to romance Fawad Khan in Zindagi’s ‘Humsafar’". Zee News. Retrieved 15 October 2014.
- "Beauty with brains". The Express Tribune. 2010-10-27. Retrieved 2012-03-05.
- "The next big thing". Dawn. Archived from the original on 2007-12-11. Retrieved 2008-04-22.
- "Mahira Khan Photo shoot for Libas Magazine 2012". Web.PK. 2012-04-19. Retrieved 2012-05-28.
- "Mahira Khan’s marital life in danger; demands divorce from husband". The News International. 2012-10-01. Retrieved 2012-11-21.
- Revealed: Why Mahira Khan was selected as leading lady opposite Shahrukh Khan in Raees