|Native name||ماہرہ حفیظ خان|
|Born||Māhirah Ḥafīz̤ Ḵẖān
|Alma mater||Foundation Public School
University of Southern California
|Occupation||Actress, Model , VJ|
|Spouse(s)||Ali Askari (m. 2007–12)|
Mahira Hafeez Khan is a Pakistani television and film actress, also previously a VJ, who is best known for her role in Humsafar as Khirad Ehsan which helped re-establish the popularity of Pakistani-made shows in Pakistan.
In 2011, Khan made her film debut with Bol directed by Shoaib Mansoor, where played the role of Ayesha, a feisty tomboy, who keeps getting harassed by her father and marries to a Shia Muslim boy without telling her father. Khan made her television debut with the serial Neeyat directed by Mehreen Jabbar, however it went by relatively unnoticed, afterwards which she played the role of Khirad Ehsan, a middle-class girl who marries with her wealthy cousin despite his mother and best friend being against this arrangement, in the 2011 television blockbuster Humsafar. Her raw portrayal and appeal were greatly appreciated by the audiences as well as the chemistry she shared with co-star Fawad Afzal Khan. Khan states that she is selective with her work and reviews a script closely before deciding to accept, regardless of whether the project is in Pakistan or outside of the country, so that she can spend time with her son.
Khan is married to Ali Askari, who had attended college with her in Los Angeles. The ceremony took place on 13 July 2007.
The actress says if she has to choose between Bollywood and Pakistan it will always be the latter.
After denying rumours of debuting in Bollywood opposite Ranveer Singh, she will now make her Bollywood debut opposite Shahrukh Khan in Rahul Dholakia's action drama Raees where she'll portray the love interest and wife of Khan. She will be the new face on Indian cinema screens after her popularity on Indian television.
On 16 January 2015, 3 weeks ahead of shooting for Raees, she received threats from Indian extremist organizations against her appearance in the movie.
- 2011 Bol as Ayesha
- 2015 Raees (filming)
- 2015 Bin Roye as Saba Shafiq (Post-production)
- 2015 Ho Mann Jahaan (filming)
- 2015 Raees (filming)
- 2006 MTV's Most Wanted as host
- 2008 Weekends with Mahira as host
- 2011 Neeyat as Aalia
- 2011 Humsafar as Khirad Ehsan
- 2012 Shehr-e-Zaat as Falak
- 2013 1st Hum Awards as host
- 2013 Coke Kahani as herself
- 2014 TUC The Lighter Side of Life as host
- 2014 Sadqay Tumhare as Shaanu (Rukhsana)
- "Finally Mahira Khan Got Divorced from Her Husband". The News Track. March 18, 2014. Retrieved February 9, 2015.
- "Mahira Khan divorce is confirmed". Showbiz Pak. March 17, 2014. Retrieved February 9, 2015.
- "Fawad Khan to Work with Mahira Again?". India West. Retrieved 15 October 2014.
- "‘Humsafar made me popular’ - The Indian Express". The Indian Express. Retrieved 15 October 2014.
- Zoya Anwer. "I'm as nervous about 'Sadqay Tumhare' as I was for my first drama: Mahira Khan". Dawn.com. Retrieved 15 October 2014.
- "Mahira Khan: the unusual, shining star". The News on Sunday. Retrieved 15 October 2014.
- "In conversation with ‘Humsafar’ couple – Fawad Khan, Mahira Khan - The Indian Express". The Indian Express. Retrieved 15 October 2014.
- "Mahira Khan Excited About Rumored Screening of Humsafar in India". Pakistan Tribune. Retrieved 15 October 2014.
- "Mahira Khan denies plans for Bollywood debut opposite Ranveer Singh". Hindustantimes.com. Retrieved 15 October 2014.
- "Fawad Khan and Mahira Khan to re-unite again". Business Recorder. Retrieved 15 October 2014.
- "Mahira Khan not making her bollywood debut opposite Ranveer Singh". Business Recorder. Retrieved 15 October 2014.
- "Beauty with brains". The Express Tribune. 2010-10-27. Retrieved 2012-03-05.
- "The next big thing". Dawn. Archived from the original on 2007-12-11. Retrieved 2008-04-22.
- "Mahira the Unusual Shining Star".
- Entertainment Desk. "Mahira Khan to appear in two films". Dawn.com. Retrieved November 24, 2014.
- "Mahira Khan to appear in two films". dawn.com. 13 October 2014. Retrieved 23 November 2014.
- "The real Mahira!". The Express Tribune (Anam Mansuri). Retrieved 30 December 2014.
- "Pakistani cinema needs us badly: Mahira Khan". The Indian Express. Retrieved 25 November 2014.
- "Want to work with Vishal Bhardwaj, Mani Ratnam: Humsafar actress Mahira Khan". The Indian Express. Retrieved 25 November 2014.
- "Mahira Khan joins Govinda, Ali Zafar and Ranveer at Kill Dil's launch celebrations". The Express Tribune. Retrieved 30 December 2014.
- "Mahira Khan Debut Bollywood Film with Shah Rukh Khan". Celebs News. Retrieved 16 December 2014.
- "10 new faces to watch out for in 2015". NDTV Movies. Divya Goyal. Retrieved 30 December 2014.
- "Raees Behind Mahira's Casting against King Khan". Oye! Times (Aaliya Imtiaz). Retrieved 30 December 2014.
- "Pakistani Actress Mahira Khan Receives Threats From Indian Extremists". 16 January 2015. Retrieved 19 January 2015.
- Revealed: Why Mahira Khan was selected as leading lady opposite Shahrukh Khan in Raees
- Ansari, Hasan. "Mahira Khan soon to mesmerise in Bin Roye". tribune.com.pk. Retrieved 23 November 2014.
- "Mahira plays quirky urban girl in upcoming Sheharyar Munawer venture". DAWN.com (Anum Rahman). Retrieved 7 January 2015.