Maia (video game)
|Genre(s)||Strategy, simulation, god game, dungeon management game|
Maia is an upcoming sci-fi strategy simulation game by Simon Roth. The game has been described by Roth as "Dungeon Keeper meets Dwarf Fortress on a primordial alien world". Roth also cites Theme Hospital, The Sims, Black & White and Space Station 13 amongst its influences.
Players take control over the first human colony on the fictional planet of Maia in the Tau Ceti system.
Players will have to excavate an underground colony to escape the hostile surface of the world. They need to control a number of characters and robots to mine minerals for construction, build rooms to house, feed and entertain colonists, and construct intricate defences to protect them from dangerous wildlife.
The game was crowdfunded, raising £140,480 via Kickstarter, and another $11,435 via Indiegogo. Including funds raised via Steam's Early Access programme, Roth stated the project had "grossed over half a million dollars in backer funding" by December 2013.
- Roth, Simon. "Maia". Kickstarter. Retrieved 12 August 2013.
- Roth, Simon (4 November 2012). "Questions and Answers". Kickstarter. Retrieved 12 August 2013.
- Roth, Simon. "Maia". Indiegogo. Retrieved 12 August 2013.
- Roth, Simon (11 December 2013). "The Steam Launch". Kickstarter. Retrieved 4 February 2014.
- "Preorder". Maia. Retrieved 12 August 2013.
- "Maia". Steam. Valve. Retrieved 4 February 2014.
|This simulation video game–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|