Maida Vale tube station
Location of Maida Vale in Central London
|Local authority||City of Westminster|
|Managed by||London Underground|
|Number of platforms||2|
|London Underground annual entry and exit|
|Lists of stations|
|London Transport portalCoordinates:|
Maida Vale tube station is a London Underground station in Maida Vale in inner north-west London. The station is on the Bakerloo line, between Kilburn Park and Warwick Avenue stations, and is in Travelcard Zone 2.
The station is 'Grade II' listed building being of architectural and historic interest. In 2009 the station won a National Railway Heritage Award, in the London Regional category, for the successful modernisation of an historic station.
In popular culture
The station surface building and the distinctive staircase mosaics feature in Alfred Hitchcock's 1927 film Downhill, as well as the 1983 film Runners, written by Stephen Poliakoff. Both films feature shots down the escalators, those in the earlier production being the original wooden versions.
Maida Vale tube station also features in a montage of scenes in the 2013 Richard Curtis film About Time, where the two main characters enter and leave the different platforms via the escalators.
- "Customer metrics: entries and exits: 2008". London Underground performance update. Transport for London. Retrieved 26 December 2012.
- "Customer metrics: entries and exits: 2009". London Underground performance update. Transport for London. Retrieved 26 December 2012.
- "Customer metrics: entries and exits: 2010". London Underground performance update. Transport for London. Retrieved 26 December 2012.
- "Multi-year station entry-and-exit figures" (XLS). London Underground station passenger usage data. Transport for London. 2013. Retrieved 15 April 2014.
- "Christmas comes early to Maida Vale Tube station" (Press release). Transport for London. 4 December 2009.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Maida Vale tube station.|
- London's Transport Museum Photographic Archive
|Preceding station||London Underground||Following station|
towards Harrow & Wealdstone
towards Elephant & Castle