|This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2011)|
Logo of MainConcept
|Traded as||NASDAQ: DIVX|
|Founded||Aachen, Germany, 1993|
|Key people||Pam Sergeeff,
|Products||codecs, applications, plug-ins|
|Employees||> 100 employees worldwide|
|Parent||Since November 2007 a wholly owned subsidiary of DivX, Inc.|
MainConcept GmbH is a software company founded in Germany. They specialize in developing video/audio codecs and also applications and plug-ins related to video/audio encoding. They currently have over 100 employees world wide, including in the United States, Japan, and Russia. They are a subsidiary of DivX, Inc.
MainConcept is a video codec supplier founded 1993 in Aachen, Germany and a board member of the MPEG Industry Forum. The Russian video codec company Elecard discussed an opportunity to become part of the company between April 2005 and August 2006. Since November 2007 MainConcept is a wholly owned subsidiary of DivX, Inc. In June 2010, Sonic Solutions acquired DivX and its subsidiaries in a cash and stock deal valued at $323 million.
In August 2007, Adobe Systems licensed the H.264 and AAC technology developed by MainConcept for integration into its Adobe Flash Player software. In April 2010 MainConcept has signed a strategic collaboration agreement with AMD to accelerate digital video encode. In September 2010, the company launched MainConcept Reference 2.1 for Mac/Windows providing enhanced support for Mac OS 10.5/10.6, Apple iPad, HTML5.
On June 4, 2013, Rovi Corporation released the MainConcept HEVC SDK 1.0. SDK 1.0 supports Smart Adaptive Bitrate Encoding Technology (SABET) which allows for the simultaneous encoding of up to 10 video output streams with reduced computing cost. SDK 1.0 is available for Windows and SDK 1.0.1, which will be released in July 2013, will add support for Linux and Mac OS X. SDK 1.0 supports the Main profile while SDK 2.0, which will be released in Q4 2013, will add support for the Main 10 profile.
- Pleasanton (USA), 4 employees
- San Diego (USA), 3 employees
- Osaka (Japan), 7 employees
- Tomsk (Russia), 52 employees
IP licensing / SDK products
|MPEG -1/2||VC-3||Codec SDK|
|H.264/AVC||H.265/HEVC||Dolby Digital Consumer|
|JPEG2000||Motion JPEG||Dolby Digital Pro SDK|
|MPEG-4 Part2/H.263||Converter & Scaler||Dolby Digital Plus Pro SDK|
|DivX||Network Streaming||Scalable Video Coding|
|DV/DVCPRO 25||Audio SDK||ShowCase|
|DV/DVCPRO 25/50||AAC||MCE Encoder|
Application & Plug-In products
|TotalCode Enterprise||TotalCode Broadcast Pack||TotalCode Advanced Audio Pack||Decoder Packs|
|DivX®||DVCPRO HD||Dolby Digital Plus Pro||MPEG-2|
|DivX Plus||H.264/AVC (10-bit, Intra Class 50 & 100)||Dolby Digital Pro|
|Plug-Ins for Adobe||Plug-Ins for Sony|
|Plug-In for Adobe Flash Media Encoder - AAC Encoder||Plug-In for Sony ClipBrowser - Conversion Pack #1|
|Plug-In for Adobe Premiere Pro CS4 - MPEG Pro HD4 H.264/AVC & MPEG||Plug-In for Sony ClipBrowser - Conversion Pack #2|
|Plug-In for Adobe Premiere Pro CS4 - MPEG Pro HD4 - XDCAM Plug-In for Adobe||Plug-In for Ziris Screen Cutter - AVC Encoder|
|Plug-In for Adobe Premiere Pro CS4 - MPEG Pro HD4 - DVCPRO Plug-In|
|Plug-In for Adobe Premiere Pro CS4 - MPEG Pro HD4 - AVC-Intra Plug-In||Plug-Ins for Apple|
|Plug-In for Adobe Premiere Pro CS4 - MPEG Pro HD4 - Broadcast Suite Plug-In||Movie Export Professional for Final Cut Pro|
|Plug-In for Adobe Premiere Pro CS5 - Codec Suite 5.0 Professional||Movie Export Broadcast for Final Cut Pro|
|Plug-In for Adobe Premiere Pro CS5 - Codec Suite 5.0 Broadcast|
|Plug-In for Adobe Premiere Pro CS5 - Codec Suite 5.0 Dolby Digital Pro|
|PSP||VCD||Panasonic P2 DVCPRO|
|iPod||DV||Panasonic P2 AVC-Intra|
|Blu-ray||XDCAM IMX||Digital TV|
- 2007, 2008 and 2009 - the Moscow State University ranked MainConcept's H.264 codec first in its annual H.264-codec comparison.
- High Efficiency Video Coding (HEVC)
- "Sonic Solutions to Acquire DivX". Forbes. June 2, 2010. Retrieved September 22, 2010.
- Robin Wauters (June 2, 2010). "Sonic Solutions To Acquire DivX In $323 Million Deal". Tech Crunch. Retrieved 26 June 2012.
- James "Dela" Delahunty (August 25, 2007). "MainConcept licenses core codec technologies to Adobe for Flash". AfterDawn. Retrieved September 22, 2010.
- Jai C.S. (April 12, 2010). "MainConcept and AMD Collaborate for GPU Acceleration". TMCnet. Retrieved September 22, 2010.
- "メインコンセプト、MainConcept Reference 2.1 for Mac/Windowsの日本国内販売を開始" (in Japanese). ProNews. September 6, 2010. Retrieved September 22, 2010.
- "HTML5- תלת מימד ותמיכה ב- IBM בתערוכת MainConcept" (in Hebrew). September 12, 2010. Retrieved September 22, 2010.
- "Rovi Releases MainConcept HEVC SDK". Rovi Corporation. 2013-06-04. Retrieved 2013-06-05.
- "HEVC/H.265". Rovi Corporation. Retrieved 2013-06-05.
- David Fox (2013-06-07). "Rovi releases MainConcept HEVC SDK". TVBEurope. Retrieved 2013-06-08.
- "Video filtering and compression by MSU Video Group". Moscow State University. Retrieved September 22, 2010.