From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
From today's featured article
is a character voiced by Bart Simpson Nancy Cartwright (pictured) on the animated TV series , the The Simpsons longest-running American sitcom. Created and designed by cartoonist Matt Groening, the mischievous and rebellious Bart (an anagram of brat) is the ten-year-old son of Homer and Marge and the older brother of Lisa and Maggie. The character has also appeared in video games, , The Simpsons Movie The Simpsons Ride, commercials, comic books, merchandising, and (for three years before The Simpsons) on . Hallmarks of the character include his The Tracey Ullman Show chalkboard gags in the opening sequence, his prank calls to Moe, and the catchphrases "Eat my shorts", " ", and "Don't have a cow, man!" During the first two seasons of ¡Ay, caramba! The Simpsons, Bart was the show's breakout character, though educators derided Bart's pride in being an underachiever. named Bart one of the Time 100 most important people of the 20th century. Nancy Cartwright has won several awards for voicing Bart, including a Primetime Emmy Award in 1992 and an Annie Award in 1995. In 2000, Bart and the rest of his family were awarded a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. ( ) Full article...
Hurricane Erika (1997) – Aldwych tube station – Vernon Sturdee
Did you know...
In the news
On this day...
Other areas of Wikipedia
– Bulletin board, projects, resources and activities covering a wide range of Wikipedia areas. Community portal
– Ask questions about using Wikipedia. Help desk
– For Wikipedia-related communication in languages other than English. Local embassy
– Serving as virtual librarians, Wikipedia volunteers tackle your questions on a wide range of subjects. Reference desk
– Announcements, updates, articles and press releases on Wikipedia and the Wikimedia Foundation. Site news
– For discussions about Wikipedia itself, including areas for technical issues and policies. Village pump
Wikipedia's sister projects
Wikipedia is hosted by the
Wikimedia Foundation, a non-profit organization that also hosts a range of other projects:
This Wikipedia is written in
English. Started in 2001 , it currently contains 4,853,668 articles. Many other Wikipedias are available; some of the largest are listed below.
More than 1,000,000 articles:
More than 400,000 articles:
More than 200,000 articles:
More than 50,000 articles: