From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
From today's featured article
(born 1984) is an American singer, songwriter, and actress. She pursued a career in Katy Perry gospel music as a teenager, releasing her debut album in 2001, then moved to Los Angeles to venture into secular music. After signing to Capitol Records in 2007, she rose to fame in 2008 with the release of the single " I Kissed a Girl" from her second album, . Perry's third album, One of the Boys (2010), became the first by a female artist to produce five number-one Teenage Dream Billboard Hot 100 songs. Her fourth album, , was released in 2013 and included the number-one singles " Prism Roar" and " Dark Horse". Perry has received many awards and nominations, and been included in the list of "Top-Earning Women In Music" for 2011, 2012, and 2013. She has sold 11 million albums and 81 million singles worldwide, making her Forbes one of the best-selling artists of all time. She made her film debut voicing Smurfette in in 2011, and released The Smurfs a documentary film in 2012, which concentrated on her life as a touring artist and the dissolution of her brief marriage to English actor and comedian Russell Brand in the early 2010s. ( ) Full article...
Woolly mammoth – – Conte di Cavour-class battleship Chorioactis
Did you know...
In the news
On this day...
Other areas of Wikipedia
– Bulletin board, projects, resources and activities covering a wide range of Wikipedia areas. Community portal
– Ask questions about using Wikipedia. Help desk
– For Wikipedia-related communication in languages other than English. Local embassy
– Serving as virtual librarians, Wikipedia volunteers tackle your questions on a wide range of subjects. Reference desk
– Announcements, updates, articles and press releases on Wikipedia and the Wikimedia Foundation. Site news
– For discussions about Wikipedia itself, including areas for technical issues and policies. Village pump
Wikipedia's sister projects
Wikipedia is hosted by the
Wikimedia Foundation, a non-profit organization that also hosts a range of other projects:
This Wikipedia is written in
English. Started in 2001 , it currently contains 4,630,973 articles. Many other Wikipedias are available; some of the largest are listed below.
More than 1,000,000 articles:
More than 400,000 articles:
More than 200,000 articles:
More than 50,000 articles: