Main Zinda Hoon
|Main Zinda Hoon|
|Directed by||Sudhir Mishra|
|Written by||Sudhir Mishra (screenplay)
Amrik Gill (dialogue)
Rajesh Singh (dialogue)
|Story by||Sudhir Mishra
|Music by||Sharang Dev
Javed Akhtar (lyrics)
|Edited by||Renu Saluja|
|Running time||114 min.|
At the 36th National Film Awards, the film won the National Film Award for Best Film on Social Issues. The film was produced by National Film Development Corporation of India (NFDC), which in 2012, included in its the film restoration project which involved 80 Indian cinema classics.
Beena is village girl, who is married to middle-class family in the city. However, her husband leaves her soon after wedding. She starts working and supports his family. Eventually falls in love with a co-worker. That is when her husband returns.
- Deepti Naval as Beena
- Pankaj Kapur as Co-worker
- Alok Nath as Husband
- Kulbhushan Kharbanda as Father
- Sushmita Mukherjee as Friend
- Rajendra Gupta as Father-in-law
- Sarita Joshi
- Haidar Ali
- Lalit Tiwary
- Pankaj Berry
- "Main-Zinda-Hoon Overview (I Am Alive)". New York Times. Retrieved 20 August 2013.
- "36th National Film Awards" (PDF). Directorate of Film Festivals.
- "Yesterday Once More". Indian Express. Apr 12, 2012. Retrieved 2013-08-20.
- Bhawana Sommya; Jigna Kothari; Supriya Madangarli. Mother Maiden Mistress. HarperCollins India. p. 1949. ISBN 978-93-5029-485-7. Retrieved 20 August 2013.
- Jane Sloan (26 March 2007). Reel Women: An International Directory of Contemporary Feature Films about Women. Scarecrow Press. pp. 119–. ISBN 978-1-4616-7082-7. Retrieved 20 August 2013.
|This article about a Hindi film of the 1980s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|