|• Mayor||Gerhard Landgraf (FW Maisach)|
|• Total||53.45 km2 (20.64 sq mi)|
|• Density||250/km2 (640/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET/CEST (UTC+1/+2)|
|Dialling codes||08141 / 08142 / 08135|
Maisach is a municipality in the district of Fürstenfeldbruck, in Bavaria, Germany. It is the largest municipality in the Fürstenfeldbruck district. It is situated 4 km north of Fürstenfeldbruck, and 25 km northwest of Munich. It is served by an S-Bahn station on the S3 towards Mammendorf, which lies south of the town center. The tallest building in the town belongs to the eponymously named local brewery and sports an aircraft warning beacon.
The community Maisach lies on the river Maisach.
The first documentary record of Maisach comes from the year 806. For the other districts excepting Gernlinden there are also records coming from the second half of the 8th and first half of the 9th century. Gernlinden is first recorded in 1436.
In 1818 the community was established. The settlement Gernlinden was built after the first world war. The current organisation of the districts was carried out in 1978.
(Districts in bold are primary districts or previously individual communities)
- Maisach (5.193 residents)
- Anzhofen (10 residents)
- Diepoltshofen (71 residents)
- Gernlinden (4.419 residents)
- Gernlinden-Ost (147 residents)
- Überacker (902 residents)
- Fußberg (14 residents)
- Fußbergmoos (23 residents)
- Loderhof (13 residents)
- Pöcklhof (12 residents)
- Thal (22 residents)
- Rottbach (268 residents)
- Deisenhofen (50 residents)
- Kuchenried (6 residents)
- Oberlappach (114 residents)
- Prack (25 residents)
- Unterlappach (17 residents)
- Weiherhaus (13 residents)
- Zötzelhofen (19 residents)
- Germerswang (783 residents)
- Frauenberg (123 residents)
- Stefansberg (124 residents)
- Malching (310 residents)
- Obermalching (19 residents)
- Galgen (22 residents)
The Gemeinderat in Maisach has 24 members:
|CSU||SPD||Freie Wähler Maisach||Die Grünen||Einigkeit Gernlinden||Bürgerforum Gesamtgemeinde Maisach||Total|
(Status: Kommunalwahl on 2 March 2008 preliminary result)
On 1 May 2008 Hans Seidl (CSU) will take over the role of Bürgermeister
- "Fortschreibung des Bevölkerungsstandes". Bayerisches Landesamt für Statistik und Datenverarbeitung (in German). 31 December 2013.
|This Fürstenfeldbruck district location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|