Maisy is also an animated series developed by Nickelodeon from 1999–2005 and aired on Noggin (now Nick Jr.) from February 2, 1999 to November 1, 2007. It uses a reggae-influenced theme song and voice characterizations by the Umbilical Brothers. The British version of the show features Neil Morrissey as narrator, while the American narrator is Brian Greene. Maisy has adventures and plays with her friends Charley the Crocodile, Tallulah the Chick, Cyril the Squirrel, and Eddie the Elephant. Maisy lives in a yellow house with a red roof. A mellow-voiced narrator narrates the action and communicates with the characters while the animals go through their paces without speaking; they instead grunt, yowl, mumble, moan, and make various odd sounds and noises. Only the narrator can understand them because he's the only character who speaks. The animated series keeps the two-dimensional visual style of the books. It was produced by PolyGram Television and later as Universal Television when PolyGram folded into Universal.
- Maisy - Female mouse who lives in a yellow house with a red roof.
- Panda - Maisy's stuffed toy companion.
- Tallulah - Female chicken almost always seen wearing a dress and a bow on her head.
- Cyril - Male squirrel who wears a bow-tie.
- Eddie - Male elephant who is often in settings where he is too big to participate.
- Charley - Male crocodile who loves to eat. He is usually shown wearing pants that are too short.
- Dotty - Female donkey that Maisy is friends at preschool with.
- Mr. Peacock - The teacher of the preschool Maisy goes to.
- Ostrich - Female ostrich that sometimes appears in the stories.
Maisy Books by Lucy Cousins
- Doctor Maisy
- Ha-ha, Maisy!: A Lift-The-Flap Surprise Book (ISBN 1-84428-682-7)
- Maisy at the Beach
- Maisy at the Farm
- Maisy Cleans Up
- Maisy Goes Camping
- Maisy Goes Shopping
- Maisy Goes Swimming (ISBN 0-316-15834-8)
- Maisy Goes to Nursery (UK) / Maisy Goes to Preschool (US)
- Maisy Goes to School: A Maisy Lift-the-Flap Classic
- Maisy Goes to the Playground (Pull Tab & Lift-The-Flap Book)
- Maisy's ABC
- Maisy's Book of Colours
- Maisy's Easter Egg Hunt
- Maisy's Favorite Animals
- Maisy's Favorite Things
- Maisy's Favorite Toys
- Maisy's First Colors
- Maisy's Pool
- Maisy's Rainbow Dream
- Maisy's Seasons
- Out & About with Maisy
- What Are You Doing, Maisy?: A Lift-The-Flap Surprise Book
- Where Are You Going, Maisy?: A Lift-The-Flap Surprise Book
Maisy on Video and DVD
Maisy was adapted into shorts that aired on Nickelodeon in 1999. Maisy was released on VHS in the UK from 1999 until 2003, at which point it was replaced with releases. Universal Studios Home Video released several Maisy VHSs in the US, most of them with the Macrovision copying protection system. Later, it was aired on CBeebies, and soon some Maisy DVDs will be released from BBC Television.
Released initially on VHS. Not subsequently available on DVD:
- Maisy's Farm Songs (2000)
- "Count With Maisy" (2000)
- "Maisy's Colors and Shapes"(2000)
- "Play With Maisy" (2000)
- "Maisy Makes Music" (2000)
- "Maisy's Friends" (2000)
- "Maisy's Birthday" (2000)
- "Maisy's Springtime" (2000)
- "Maisy's Winter Fun" (2000)
- "Maisy's Bedtime" (2000)
Released initially on VHS, but later available on DVD:
- Maisy – Colors and Counting (2000)
- Maisy – Animal Stories (2000)
- Maisy – Birthday and other stories (2000)
- Maisy – Christmas and other stories (2000)
- Maisy – Bedtime and other stories (2000)
- Introducing Maisy (2001)
- Maisy's Fun in the Sun (2001)
- Maisy's Farm (2001)
- Maisy – Playtime (2001)
- Maisy's ABC (2001)
- Maisy – Circus (2002)
- Maisy and Panda (2002)
- Maisy – Activity Time (2002)
- Good Morning Maisy (2003)
- Maisy – Fun and Games (2003)
Released initially on DVD. No VHS version available:
- Good Morning Maisy(2004)
- Playtime with Maisy (2004)
- Good Night Maisy (2004)
- Maisy – Splash (2006)
- Maisy – Animals (2006)
- Maisy On the Go (2010)
- Maisy Discovers (2010)
- Maisy – Garden (2010)
- Maisy – Adventures (2010)
- Maisy Helps (2010)
See List of Maisy segments for complete list of Maisy segments.