From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Maitreya may refer to:
- Maitreya, the future Buddha in Buddhist eschatology
- Maitreya (Benjamin Creme), an interpretation and further elaboration of Maitreya (Theosophy) promoted by Benjamin Creme
- Maitreya (Theosophy), a being in the Theosophical Spiritual Hierarchy of the so-called Masters of the Ancient Wisdom
- Maitreya Great Tao (Wang Hao-te), a splinter sect of the 20th-century Chinese religious movement I-Kuan Tao
- Maitreya-nātha, the reputed author, along with Asanga, of a number of Yogacara Buddhist treatises
- Sananda Maitreya (Terence Trent D'Arby), an American singer-songwriter
- Maitreya Project – About an international organization set up to construct a 500ft-high statue of Maitreya in Uttar Pradesh, India
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.