|Origin||Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA|
|Genres||Pop, Urban, R&B, Progressive, Soul|
|Occupation(s)||Singer, Songwriter, Model|
|Years active||2003 – Present|
Maiysha Kai (Born April 16, 1978) is a Progressive/ Soul/ R & B/ recording artist. Her first album "This Much is True" was released August 26, 2008. Produced by Scott Jacoby, her first album features 12 all new tracks and a cover of Peter Gabriel's "Sledgehammer". The album also features a duet with Martin Luther (who starred in 2007's Across the Universe).
Born in Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States, Maiysha went to Sarah Lawrence College where she studied vocal performance as well as creative writing and race and gender studies. After graduating, Maiysha moved to New York City to teach at a private school in Manhattan.  She also was signed to Ford Models. 
"This Much is True" is the first release on the Eusonia label. Maiysha's first single off the album, "Wanna Be", was released to iTunes on June 24, 2008. The album was highly anticipated, and Maiysha has already been featured in USA Today Newsweek, and TV Guide.
Maiysha is nominated for a 2009 Grammy Award for Best Urban/Alternative Performance for her song "Wanna Be." What's next is a live album, "UnderCover", recorded at the legendary Blue Note Jazz Club in Manhattan. Inspired by the response to Maiysha's sexy re-working of Peter Gabriel's "Sledgehammer" on "This Much Is True:" and the raw and electrifying live performances she has become known for, "UnderCover" is due to be released in Spring 2010 via Eusonia.
- Schumacher, David. "NYCMUSICSHOW, Episode 4". nyc.gov. Retrieved 13 August 2012.
- Maiysha music on MusicRemedy
- Gerstenzang, Peter (Fall 2009). "True Believer". slc.edu. Sarah Lawrence College. Retrieved 13 August 2012.
- This week's playlist: Elysa injects a little soul - Listen Up - USATODAY.com
- TipSheet : Checklist
- Online Video Guide - Trailers, Videos, Clips, Episodes and Previews for Online Videos | Video.TVGuide.com
- "Behind the Groove with Mayisha author=Hines, Kimberley A.". soulbounce.com. 01/06/2009. Retrieved 13 August 2012. Check date values in: