11 December 1924
|Died||19 December 2006
|Years active||1941 - 1977|
Maj-Britt Nilsson (11 December 1924 – 19 December 2006) was a Swedish movie actress of the 1940s and 1950s.
Nilsson was born in Stockholm and trained at the drama school of the Royal Dramatic Theater there. She appeared in the following three Ingmar Bergman films: Till Glädje (To Joy, 1950), Sommarlek (Summer Interlude or Illicit Interlude 1951), and Kvinnors Väntan (Secrets of Women or Waiting Women, 1952). She also appeared in the English language film A Matter of Morals (1961), directed in Sweden by John Cromwell.
Maj-Britt Nilsson died in Cannes, France, aged 82. Her death, which was not widely reported outside Sweden, was confirmed by Jon Asp, executive editor of the online publication Ingmar Bergman Face to Face. No cause was announced.
In 1951 she married Per Gerhard, a theater director and son of Karl Gerhard, a prominent Swedish singer, who survives her.
- Tänk, om jag gifter mig med prästen by Ivar Johansson (uncredited, 1941)
- Vårat gäng by Gunnar Skoglund (1942)
- Resan bort by Alf Sjöberg (1945)
- Det är min modell by Gustaf Molander (1946)
- Maria by Gösta Folke (1947)
- Gatan by Gösta Werner (1949)
- Flickan från tredje raden by Hasse Ekman (1949)
- Sjösalavår by Per Gunvall (1949)
- Till Glädje by Ingmar Bergman (1950)
- Sommarlek by Ingmar Bergman (1951)
- För min heta ungdoms skull by Arne Mattsson (1952)
- Kvinnors Väntan by Ingmar Bergman (1952)
- Vi tre debutera by Hasse Ekman (1953)
- Vildfåglar by Alf Sjöberg (1955)
- Sommarflickan by Håkan Bergström and Thomas Engel (1955)
- Litet bo by Arne Mattsson (1956)
- Egen ingång by Hasse Ekman (1956)
- Was die Schwalbe sang by Géza von Bolváry (German film, 1956)
- Flickan i frack by Arne Mattsson (1956)
- Jazzgossen by Hasse Ekman (1958)
- Und ewig singen die Wälder by Paul May (1959)
- Das Erbe von Björndal by Gustav Ucicky (Austrian film) (1960)
- A Matter of Morals (De sista stegen) by John Cromwell (American-Swedish production, 1961)
- Lita på mej, älskling ! by Sven Lindberg (1961)
- En enkel melodi by Kjell Grede (1974)
- Bluff Stop by Jonas Cornell (1977)