Salvador at the Star Magic Tour, April 2011
|Born||Maja Ross Andres Salvador
October 5, 1988
Aparri, Cagayan, Philippines
|Agent||Star Magic (2003–present)|
|Relatives||Ross Rival (father)
Jobelle Salvador (aunt)
Phillip Salvador (uncle)
Janella Salvador (cousin)
|Labels||Ivory Music & Video|
Maja Ross Andres Salvador (born October 5, 1988) is a Filipina actress, dancer, model, and producer. Salvador is a member of a family of actors which includes her father, Ross Rival, aunt Jobelle Salvador, and uncle Phillip Salvador. She is currently under the management of ABS-CBN's Star Magic and is regarded as the "Dance Princess of the Philippines". In 2011, Salvador co-produced and portrayed the title role in the film Thelma, which earned her the Gawad Urian Award and the Film Academy of the Philippines Award for best actress.
Salvador started her acting career as a supporting character in the 2003 TV series It Might Be You which was then top-billed by John Lloyd Cruz and Bea Alonzo. She was later on cast as one of the lead characters in Spirits the following year and has appeared in several episodes of Maalaala Mo Kaya.
In 2006, Salvador made her film debut as one of the supporting characters in the horror movie Sukob wherein she portrayed the role of a clairvoyant young girl. This earned her several accolades including the Star Award for Movies for New Movie Actress of the Year and the Golden Screen Award for Breakthrough Performance by an Actress, as well as a nomination at the FAMAS Awards for Best Supporting Actress. That same year, she also starred as a social climber teenage girl in the film First Day High and was also critically acclaimed for her portrayal as a teenager suffering from cerebral palsy in the "Regalo" episode of Maalaala Mo Kaya. For the latter, Salvador earned a nomination for Best Single Performance by an Actress at the Star Awards for Television but lost to co-star Vilma Santos, who played as her mother in the said episode.
Salvador reunited with John Lloyd Cruz and Bea Alonzo in the 2007 box-office movie One More Chance. Her portrayal in the film was highly regarded by movie buffs, describing her "perfect" and "luminous". The role gained her a Star Award for Movies nomination for Movie Supporting Actress of the Year. During this year, she was also cast as one of the three leads in the TV series Pangarap na Bituin along with Sarah Geronimo and Rica Peralejo.
In 2009, she top-billed the afternoon drama series Nagsimula sa Puso, a remake of the 1990 film of the same title, in addition to appearing as one of the principal characters in the primetime drama May Bukas Pa. Salvador also starred in films such as Villa Estrella and Shake Rattle and Roll XI which was an entry to the 2009 Metro Manila Film Festival. She later on starred in the television series Impostor in 2010 and in the horror film Cinco.
Salvador, in 2011, was cast as one of the main characters in the critically acclaimed family-military drama series Minsan Lang Kita Iibigin. That same year, she also co-produced the independent film Thelma, with which she also starred in the title role. Her performance in the film was praised by Philippine Entertainment Portal's Bong Godinez, stating in his review that Salvador gives an "impressive performance" and that she "brandished her depth as an actress without going overboard". He also added that she "[dishes] out the emotions in an understated manner". However, Tessa Guazon of the Young Critics Circle - Film Desk criticized Salvador's performance by saying that there are failures in "conflict and depth". Furthermore, she mentioned that Salvador was out of track in the movie and that she "missed [the] subtle leap". Despite mixed reviews on the film, Salvador went on and bagged the Gawad Urian Award for Best Actress as well as the Film Academy of the Philippines Award for Best Actress.
In 2012, Salvador starred in the afternoon drama series Lumayo Ka Man Sa Akin as Janine Castillo, and subsequently in the primetime soap Ina, Kapatid, Anak alongside Kim Chiu in the title role as Margaux Marasigan. She also starred in films My Cactus Heart and 24/7 in Love.
As of 2014, Salvador starred as Nicole Esquivel in the highly controversial teleserye, The Legal Wife, alongside Angel Locsin, Jericho Rosales, and JC De Vera. After The Legal Wife, Salvador is set to do another teleserye, confirmed by ABS-CBN and Salvador herself.
On December 2013, it was announced that Salvador had signed a recording contract with Ivory Music & Video. While recording the album, Salvador worked with award-winning arranger and producer, Jonathan Ong. By March 2014, she revealed through her Instagram account that the title will be Believe along with its track listing which contains mainly original composition and two cover songs. The carrier single, "Dahan-Dahan", was released on March 6 while the album was released nationwide on March 25. The album also features collaborations with rapper Abra and Project Pinas. Salvador also co-wrote a song titled "Buong Gabi". On June 8, 2014, the album was eventually certified gold for selling over 7,500 copies nationwide and Salvador appeared on ASAP to receive a Gold Record award. She also staged her first major sold out concert entitled "MAJ: The Legal Performer" on July 12 at the Music Museum.
In 2013 Salvador joined the PETA campaign to Free Mali from captivity in Manila zoo and have her transferred to Boon Lott's Elephant Sanctuary where she can be given proper treatment and care. Mali is the only captive elephant in the Philippines and the zoo does not have adequate knowledge or resources to properly care for her. 
|2006||Sukob||Joya||Star Cinema||Golden Screen Award for Breakthrough Performance by an Actress
Star Award for Movies for New Movie Actress of the Year
Nominated — FAMAS Award for Best Supporting Actress
Nominated — Gawad PASADO Award for Best Supporting Actress
|First Day High||Precious Princess Jewel "Pré" Samartino|
|2007||My Kuya's Wedding||Kat||Regal Films|
|One More Chance||Trisha||Star Cinema||Nominated — Star Award for Movies for Movie Supporting Actress of the Year|
|2008||Kelly! Kelly! (Ang Hit na Musical)||Kelly|
|Shake Rattle and Roll XI||Claire||Regal Films||Segment: "Diablo"|
|2010||Cinco||Rose||Star Cinema||Segment: "Mata"|
|Father Jejemon||Isabel||RVQ Productions|
|2011||Thelma||Thelma||Time Horizon Pictures
Film Academy of the Philippines Award for Best Actress
Gawad Urian Award for Best Actress
Nominated — Golden Screen Award for Best Performance by an Actress in a Leading Role (Drama)
Nominated — Star Award for Movies for Movie Actress of the Year
|2012||My Cactus Heart||Sandy||Skylight Films|
|24/7 in Love||Barbara Alcaraz||Star Cinema|
|2013||Status: It's Complicated||Rina||Regal Films|
- Alip, Nap. "Salvador family: Is Maja indifferent towards her clan?". Balita.ca. Retrieved 25 October 2013.
- Cruz, Marinel. "What Maja has learned in 10 years in show biz". Inquirer.net. Retrieved 25 October 2013.
- Calderon, Ricky. "Maja Salvador wins Gawad Urian's Best Actress award for Thelma". The Philippine Star. Retrieved 25 October 2013.
- Reyes, William. "Manila Kingpin: The Asiong Salonga Story big winner at FAP's Luna Awards". GMA News Online. Retrieved 25 October 2013.
- Global, ABS-CBN. "It Might Be You". ABS-CBNGlobal.com. Retrieved 25 October 2013.
- Global, ABS-CBN. "Spirits". ABS-CBNGlobal.com. Retrieved 25 October 2013.
- Click the City. "Sukob". ClickTheCity.com. Retrieved 25 October 2013.
- Wells, Avante. "Maja in high spirits". PEP.com. Retrieved 25 October 2013.
- Lo, Ricky. "Body Talk with Maja Salvador". PhilStar.com. Retrieved 25 October 2013.
- Corpuz, David. "Maja Salvador's Top Five". Cosmo.ph. Retrieved 25 October 2013.
- Jarloc, Glaiza. "Vilma’s MMK episode airs again tonight (12:43 p.m.)". Sun Star. Retrieved 25 October 2013.
- Garcia, Rose. "Maja Salvador experiences first reel and real kissing with John Lloyd Cruz". PEP.ph. Retrieved 25 October 2013.
- Hernandez, Marian Joy. "Why Even Men Cried Over It". ClickTheCity.com. Retrieved 25 October 2013.
- Quintos, Napoleon. "Is Carlo Aquino courting Maja Salvador again?". ABS-CBN.com. Retrieved 25 October 2013.
- ABS-CBN Corporate Communications. "Maja Salvador earns praise from ‘Villa Estrella’ director". Push.ABS-CBN.com. Retrieved 25 October 2013.
- PEP. "Lamang lupa, demons and a haunted wedding gown wreak havoc in Shake Rattle and Roll 11". PEP.ph. Retrieved 25 October 2013.
- Jarloc, Glaiza. "Maja on projects, Impostor's Emmy nomination". Sun Star Manila. Retrieved 25 October 2013.
- Quintos, Napoleon. "Maja Salvador feels flattered to be called ‘Horror Princess’". ABS-CBN.com. Retrieved 25 October 2013.
- Jarloc, Glaiza. "'Minsan Lang Kita Iibigin' marathon this week". Sun Star Manila. Retrieved 25 October 2013.
- San Diego, Bayani Jr. "‘Thelma’ wins bronze in Mexico". Philippine Daily Inquirer. Retrieved 25 October 2013.
- Godinez, Bong. "PEP REVIEW: Thelma triumphs with its message of hope and resiliency". Philippine Entertainment Portal. Retrieved 25 October 2013.
- Guazon, Tessa Maria. "Trite Success". Young Critics Circle - Film Desk. Retrieved 25 October 2013.
- Gab. "Kim-Maja Rivalry Sparks Up In "Ina Kapatid Anak"". Manila Republic. Retrieved 25 October 2013.
- Santos, Rhea. "‘My Cactus Heart’ promises a lot of kilig moments for Maja Salvador and Matteo Guidicelli fans". Push. Retrieved 25 October 2013.
- Sibonga, Glen. "Diether Ocampo denies turning down primetime soap because of small role". Philippine Entertainment Portal. Retrieved 25 October 2013.
- "MAJA SALVADOR Will Be Releasing An Album Soon!". March 2014. MYX Philippines. Retrieved 10 April 2014.
- "Maja Salvador: ‘Believe and it will happen’". 29 March 2014. Manila Times. Retrieved 10 April 2014.
- Ishihara, Julie. "MAJA SALVADOR To Stage Her First Major Concert This July!". MYX Philippines. Retrieved 11 June 2014.
- Garcia, Rose. "Maja Salvador tries singing in "Pangarap Na Bituin"". Philippine Entertainment Portal. Retrieved 25 October 2013.
- Lebumfacil, Marigold. "Maja ug Jay-R naglikay sa intriga?". Philstar.com. Retrieved 25 October 2013.
- Garcia, Rose. "Maja Salvador clarifies Jon Avila is not courting her". Philippine Entertainment Portal. Retrieved 25 October 2013.
- PEP.com. "Kristine Hermosa accused of a crime in Nasaan Ka Maruja". Philippine Entertainment Portal. Retrieved 25 October 2013.
- PEP.com. "Maja Salvador discovers bond with Nagsimula sa Puso co-star Coco Martin". PEP.com. Retrieved 25 October 2013.
- Global, ABS-CBN. "Impostor". ABS-CBNGlobal.com. Retrieved 25 October 2013.
- Franco, Bernie. "Maja Salvador hopes to give justice to a her role in 'Inday Sa Balitaw'". ABS-CBN.com. Retrieved 25 October 2013.
- Jarloc, Glaiza. "Maja joins 'My Binondo Girl'". Sun Star Manila. Retrieved 25 October 2013.
- Corporate Communications, ABS-CBN. "Angel Locsin returns to primetime TV via "The Legal Wife"". ABS-CBN.com. Retrieved 26 October 2013.
- "Maja, John Lloyd, Jericho in one soap opera". ABS-CBN News. August 1, 2014. Retrieved August 6, 2014.
- Dimaculangan, Jocelyn. "Mother Lily Monteverde is impressed with Maja Salvador in "My Kuya's Wedding"". PEP.ph. Retrieved 25 October 2013.
- Donato, Jerry. "Ejay marks his firsts". PhilStar.com. Retrieved 25 October 2013.
- "Maja Salvador, ER Ejercito Win Big At Luna Awards". The Manila Bulletin. Retrieved 25 October 2013.
- Orsal, Noel. "Maja Salvador overwhelmed by nominations of Thelma in Star Awards for Movies and Golden Screen Awards". Philippine Entertainment Portal. Retrieved 25 October 2013.
- Dumaual, Mario. "Maja, Jake to be paired in movie for first time". ABS-CBNnews.com. Retrieved 25 October 2013.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Maja Salvador.|