|Origin||Montreal, Quebec, Canada|
|Genres||Indie pop, synthpop|
Welsh, the son of actor Kenneth Welsh, began Majical Cloudz as a collaborative project in 2010, releasing a self-titled cassette on Numbers Station, the EP Earth to a Friend/Mountain Eyes, and the full-length album II on Arbutus Records in 2011. Otto joined as a collaborator in 2012, appearing for the first time on the 2012 EP Turns, Turns, Turns.
Their second album, Impersonator, was released May 21, 2013 on Matador Records, and was a longlisted nominee for the 2013 Polaris Music Prize. The band have played numerous shows across North America to support the album, including performances at Toronto's NXNE festival and New York City's Northside Festival.
- Majical Cloudz (2010)
- Earth to a Friend/Mountain Eyes (2011)
- II (2011)
- Turns, Turns, Turns (2012)
- Impersonator (2013)
- "Majical Cloudz: Canadian Synth-Pop Outlier Catches Seriously Deep Feelings". Spin, June 11, 2013.
- "We Talked To Majical Cloudz". Vice, January 4, 2013.
- "weird canada <<>> New Canadiana :: Majical Cloudz – Majical Cloudz"
- "Lost in the Cloudz". Sydney Morning Herald, June 27, 2013.
- "Polaris Music Prize Unveils 2013 Long List". Exclaim!, June 13, 2012.
- "NXNE: Majical Cloudz in pursuit of the perfect song". Toronto Star, June 14, 2013.
- "Urgently Trying to Get Messages to Audiences". The New York Times, June 15, 2013.
|This article about a Canadian band or other musical ensemble is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|