|Competitor for Kosovo|
|Gold||2013 Rio de Janeiro||−52 kg|
|Competitor for IJF|
|Bronze||2013 Budapest||−52 kg|
Majlinda Kelmendi (born 9 May 1991) is a Kosovo-born Albanian judoka originating from the town of Peja in Kosovo.[b] As of 27 August 2013, she stands first in the international rankings by the International Judo Federation in the −52 kg category.
She has won the gold medal at the 2009 World Junior Championships in Paris, France. She came fifth at the 2010 World Junior Championships in Morocco and finished ninth in the 52 kg category at the 2010 World Judo Championships in Tokyo, Japan. Due to the resistance of International Olympic Committee and the United Nations, she was not allowed to represent Kosovo at the 2012 Summer Olympics in London and instead chose to represent Albania, a widely accepted practice by Albanians from Kosovo.  On 27 August 2013, Majlinda Kelmendi gave Kosovo their first ever judo world title on Tuesday as she beat Brazil's Erika Miranda in the −52 kilogrammes gold medal match in Rio de Janeiro.The 22-year-old – the first Kosovan judoka to win a medal at the championships since it became a state in its' own right in 2008 – was not a shock winner as she came to Rio de Janeiro ranked number one in her category having won the prestigious Masters event.
- "Judo Inside".
- "Majlinda Kelmendi". BBC. Retrieved 22 April 2013.
- "Politics bears down on 2012 hopeful Majlinda Kelmendi". BBC. Retrieved 29 August 2013.
- "Kosovo: Majlinda, the judo star". BalcaniCaucaso. Retrieved 28 August 2013.
- "The Olympics Interview: Majlinda Kelmendi". FP. Retrieved 28 August 2013.
- "IJF World Ranking List – 27/02/2013". International Judo Federation. International Judo Federation. Retrieved 27 February 2013.
- Browne, Luke. "The Olympics Interview: Majlinda Kelmendi". Financial Times. Retrieved 27 February 2013.
- Eades, David (21 July 2012). "Politics bears down on 2012 hopeful Majlinda Kelmendi". BBC Sport. Retrieved 2 July 2013.
- Mark Lowen (17 September 2010). "BBC Sport – Politics bears down on 2012 hopeful Majlinda Kelmendi". news.bbc.co.uk. Retrieved 24 November 2010.
- "IJF World Championship Juniors 2010 – 52kg category results". IJF website. International Judo Federation. Retrieved 17 February 2013.
- "World Championships 2010 – 52kg category results". IJF website. International Judo Federation. Retrieved 17 February 2013.
- Jackson, Jamie. "London 2012: Judo's Majlinda Kelmendi still fighting for recognition". The Guardian. Retrieved 27 February 2013.