Major League Soccer MVP Award
Major League Soccer Most Valuable Player (MVP) is an annual award for MLS players. It is voted on by media, MLS players and club management and is given to the player deemed the most valuable player in the league each season.
Since 1996 to 2007 the award was known as Honda MLS Most Valuable Player, for commercial purposes. Since 2007, the award is titled Volkswagen MLS Most Valuable Player.
Footballers playing for D.C. United have won the award a record four times, while Kansas City and Los Angeles Galaxy players have won a second best three times. Preki is the only player to ever win twice.
- "FC Dallas attacker Ferreira voted 2010 Volkswagen MVP". mlssoccer.com. November 19, 2010.
- "D.C. United's De Rosario voted Volkswagen MLS MVP". mlssoccer.com. November 18, 2011.
- "San Jose's Wondolowski wins 2012 Volkswagen MLS MVP". mlssoccer.com. November 29, 2012.
- "Chicago Fire forward Mike Magee voted 2013 Volkswagen MLS Most Valuable Player". mlssoccer.com. December 5, 2013.
- "Robbie Keane named 2014 Volkswagen MLS Most Valuable Player". lagalaxy.com. December 3, 2014.