Major League Ultimate
||This article's tone or style may not reflect the encyclopedic tone used on Wikipedia. (January 2014)|
|Upcoming season or competition:
2015 MLU Season
|No. of teams||8|
|Country||United States (7 teams)
Canada (1 team)
|Most recent champion(s)||DC Current (1st title)|
|Most titles||Boston Whitecaps and DC Current (1)|
Major League Ultimate (MLU) is one of two semi-professional Ultimate leagues, the other being the American Ultimate Disc League. It was formed in 2012, and began its inaugural season in April 2013. Its goal is to bring ultimate to a wider audience in order to grow the sport. League attendance averages fewer than 1,000 fans per game.
The league began in 2012, with the help of the Philadelphia Spinners and their staff, including former GM Jeff Snader. The Spinners left the AUDL. Snader brought together a core group of individuals, referred to as the Founders.
Unlike other ultimate leagues and games the MLU does allow double-teaming of an offensive player. Also, like most sports, but unlike other ultimate leagues and games, referees make all of the calls (this is similar to the AUDL).
The MLU, like the AUDL has an aggressive plan to expand the league in the hope to be seen as the premier ultimate league in North America. There are currently plans to add a Midwest Conference to the league, possibly in the 2014 season.
Highlights of the 2013 championship game were broadcast on Fox Sports 1 as part of an anthology show co-hosted by former NFL player Dhani Jones and Olympic gold medalist Jonny Moseley. Before that, ESPN's SportsCenter Top 10 and SportsNation featured the MLU on a few occasions, bringing national attention to the league 
In 2013, Five Ultimate was the official uniform manufacture for all eight teams. For the 2014 season, MLU partnered with Puma to become the official jersey sponsor. Like other professional sports leagues, fans are able to purchase custom 2014 jerseys with a personalized name and number on the jersey.
|Boston Whitecaps||Framingham, Ma||Bowditch Field||2012||Jason Adams|
|New York Rumble||Union City, NJ||Roosevelt Stadium||2013||Anthony Nuñez|
|Philadelphia Spinners||Philadelphia, Pa||Franklin Field||2012||Billy Maroon|
|Washington DC Current||Washington, DC||Cardinal Stadium||2013||Keven Moldenhauer|
|Portland Stags||Portland, Or||Theodore Roosevelt Athletic Complex||2013||Justin Becker|
|San Francisco Dogfish||San Francisco, Ca||Boxer Stadium||2013||Justin Safdie|
|Seattle Rainmakers||Renton, Wa||Renton Memorial Stadium||2013||Ben Wiggins|
|Vancouver Nighthawks||Vancouver, BC||Thunderbird Stadium||2013||Andrew Lugsdin|
|Nic Darling||Vice President|
|Matthew "Skip" Sewell||Creative Director and Brand Manager|
|Billy Maroon||Director of Personnel|
|Ian McClellan||Director of Competition|
|Marc Stachowski||Director of IT|
|2013||July 13, 2013||Boston Whitecaps||20-15||San Francisco Dogfish||Franklin Field||Philadelphia, Pa||Jeff Graham (Boston)|
|2014||July 19, 2014||DC Current||23-17||Vancouver Nighthawks||PPL Park||Chester, PA||Markham Shofner (DC)|
- "Professional Ultimate Jobs". Sludge Output. 8 March 2013.
- Greenawalt, Tyler (24 June 2013). "New Pro League Tosses Its Disc Into The Frisbee Game". National Public Radio. Retrieved 2 September 2013.
- Eisenhood, Charlie (13 November 2013). "Can Semi-Pro Ultimate Make It?". Ultiworld.
- Eisenhood, Charlie (4 October 2012). "Philadelphia Spinners Leaving The AUDL, Starting New Pro League". Ultiworld.
- Gackle, Paul (16 June 2013). "In debut season, San Francisco's Major League Ultimate Frisbee team flourishing". San Francisco Examiner.
- jessonnf (8 June 2013). "Future of the AUDL and MLU". Semi Pro Ultimate. Wordpress.com.
- Eisenhood, Charlie (8 June 2013). "MLU, Ultimate Get Praise From ESPN Commentators". Ultiworld.
- Eisenhood, Charlie (18 November 2013). "MLU releases new Puma Jersey Designs". Ultiworld.
- "MLU Shop, 2014 Puma Replica Jerseys". Major League Ultimate.
- "Founders". Major League Ultimate. 2013.
- "Boston Whitecaps 2013 Highlights". nohuck.