Make Up in Love (song)
|"Make Up in Love"|
|Single by Doug Stone|
|from the album Make Up in Love|
|Writer(s)||Danny Orton, Tony Ramey|
|Producer(s)||Wally Wilson, Doug Stone|
|Doug Stone singles chronology|
"Make Up in Love" is a song written by Danny Orton and Tony Ramey, and recorded by American country music artist Doug Stone. It was released in 1999 as the first single and title track from the album Make Up in Love. The song reached number 19 on the Billboard Hot Country Singles & Tracks chart.
"Make Up in Love" is a mid-tempo about two teenage lovers: a rebellious male named Danny Joe and a female named Bobbie. Danny Joe proposes to her and says that he can "make up in love" for whatever he does not have in material possessions.
|Canada Country Tracks (RPM)||25|
|US Bubbling Under Hot 100 Singles (Billboard)||5|
|US Hot Country Songs (Billboard)||19|
|US Country Songs (Billboard)||73|
- Whitburn, Joel (2004). The Billboard Book Of Top 40 Country Hits: 1944-2006, Second edition. Record Research. p. 335.
- Campbell, Susan (December 16, 1999). "Make Up in Love review". The Hartford Courant. Retrieved August 3, 2012.
- "Top RPM Country Tracks." RPM. Library and Archives Canada. October 4, 1999. Retrieved July 7, 2013.
- "Doug Stone Album & Song Chart History" Billboard Bubbling Under Hot 100 for Doug Stone.
- "Doug Stone Album & Song Chart History" Billboard Hot Country Songs for Doug Stone.
- "Best of 1999: Country Songs". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. 1999. Retrieved July 7, 2013.
|This 1990s country song-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|