|This article is an orphan, as no other articles link to it. Please introduce links to this page from ; try the Find link tool for suggestions. (September 2013)|
|Slogan||Factory Sourcing Made Easy|
Type of site
|Owner||Matthew Burnett, Tanya Menendez, Scott Weiner|
|Launched||November 1, 2012|
Maker’s Row is an online marketplace launched in November 2012 that connects American manufacturers with small, medium-sized, and product-based businesses. The site lists more than 1,400 manufacturers.
Maker's Row was co-founded by Matthew Burnett, Tanya Menendez and Scott Weiner. Burnett, an industrial designer, previously owned and operated a watch line and a fashion line of leather goods. In early 2011, Burnett partnered with Tanya Menendez, then a Goldman Sachs analyst, to manage sales and operations at the fashion line. While working on the fashion line, Menendez came up with the idea to create a resource that would bring factories in the United States online in one place to make American factories more accessible. In May 2012, the Burnett and Menendez applied to The Brooklyn Beta Summer Camp where they would meet Scott Weiner, who was chosen to be the founding technical lead for the group.
On July 19, 2013 Maker's Row announced 1 million in seed funding.
In summer 2013, Maker’s Row launched Maker’s Row City Series to highlight how manufacturing contributes to the local community, economy, and city. The first and only city in the series is Newark, NJ. In collaboration with the Office of Mayor Cory Booker, Brick City Development Corporation, and Newark Regional Business Partnership, Maker’s Row created a video celebrating Newark manufacturers.[not in citation given]
Maker's Row Pros
Maker’s Row Pros is a service that offers personal guidance in manufacturing and other areas. The members that have joined the “Maker Community” are able to communicate one-on-one with professionals through the service.
- Molinsky, Eric. "Stitching Connections Between U.S. Fashion Designers, Makers". NPR. Retrieved 5 July 2013.
- Schnuer, Jenna. "Maker's Row Ushers in a New Wave of U.S. Manufacturing". Entrepreneur. Retrieved 5 July 2013.
- Menendez, Tanya. "Why We Are Creating Maker's Row". Maker's Row Blog. Retrieved 5 July 2013.
- Klein, Karen. "When Designers Want Their Clothes 'Made in the USA'". Bloomberg Businessweek. Retrieved 5 July 2013.
- Swallow, Erica. "Maker's Row and the Future of American Manufacturing". Mashable. Retrieved 10 July 2013.
- "To Give U.S. Manufacturing A Boost, Maker’s Row Gets $1M From Index, Comcast, Alexis Ohanian & More".
- Wee, Heesun. "Welcome home: 'Made in USA' on the rise". NBC News. Retrieved 5 July 2013.
- Booker, Cory. Twitter https://twitter.com/CoryBooker/status/339455817768116224. Retrieved 10 July 2013. Missing or empty
- Phelan, Haylet. "How Tech Startup Maker's Row Is Revolutionizing American Manufacturing". Fashionista. Retrieved 5 July 2013.