Makhanalal Chaturvedi National University of Journalism and Communication
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2011)|
|Makhanalal Chaturvedi National University of Journalism and Communication|
|Vice-Chancellor||Braj Kishore Kuthiyala|
|Location||Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh, India|
Makhanalal Chaturvedi National University of Journalism and Communication, officially Makhanlal Chaturvedi Rashtriya Patrakarita Avam Sanchar Vishwavidyalaya, also known simply as Makhanlal University (Hindi: माखनलाल विशवविधालय), is a public university located in Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh, India. It was set up by the Act 15 of 1990 of the Madhya Pradesh Legislative Assembly. Named after Makhan Lal Chaturvedi, a freedom fighter, poet and journalist, the university was formally inaugurated on 16 January 1991. Unlike most universities in India, it does not have a limited territorial jurisdiction. The Vice President of India is the Visitor to the University. The university holds national level entrance exams each year for admitting students in various courses at its University Teaching Departments. It's a member of the Association of Commonwealth Universities and the Association of Indian Universities (AIU).
The University has its main campus in Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh India. It also has campuses in Noida,Meerut Uttar Pradesh (adjoining Delhi) and at Khandwa, Madhya Pradesh supported by a network of 529 study institutes (as on March 31, 2005) throughout India and Nepal.
There are 11 academic departments in the university:
- Department of Electronic Media
- Department of Computer Science and Applications
- Department of Journalism
- Department of Management
- Department of Mass Communication
- Department of New Media Technology
- Department of Public Relations and Advertising Studies
- Department of Publications
- Department of Research
- Department of Short Term Training Programmes
- Department of Text Book Writing
- Both names can be found in the official Act, see "Makhanlal Chaturvedi Rashtriya Patrakarita Avam Sanchar Vishwavidyalaya Madhya Pradesh Act No. 15 of 1990" (PDF).