Makoto Uchida (内田 誠 Uchida Makoto?, born July 13, 1955) is a Japanese video game programmer and developer once employed by Sega Enterprises (Japan) and a member of AM1/Wow Entertainment. Makoto Uchida was the lead creative developer for several Sega Arcade games such as: Altered Beast, Golden Axe, Wing War, Die Hard Arcade, Dynamite Cop, and Alien Front Online. The concepts behind these games are generally attributed to him alone, though ports to various consoles were often designed by other developers; the original versions upon which the ports were based were designed by Uchida.
In 2005, he was involved in the development of Project Altered Beast for the PlayStation 2. This game was not released outside of Japan and Europe.
In present, his development team Sega Studio China was merged with Sega WOW.
- Altered Beast (arcade game) (1988) with Yuji X (game designer)
- Golden Axe (arcade game) (1989)
- Alien Storm (1991)
- Golden Axe: The Revenge of Death Adder (1992)
- Wing War (arcade game) (1994)
- Manx TT Superbike (1995)
- Die Hard Arcade (arcade & Sega Saturn port) (1996)
- Dynamite Cop (arcade game) (1998)
- Alien Front Online (Dreamcast) (2001)
- Jūōki: Project Altered Beast (Playstation 2) (2005)