Maktoum Hasher Maktoum Al Maktoum
|HH Sheikh Maktoum Hasher Maktoum Al Maktoum|
His Highness Sheikh Maktoum Hasher Maktoum Al Maktoum (Arabic: الشيخ مكتوم حشر مكتوم آل مكتوم) is a member of Dubai's ruling family. He is a second cousin once removed of Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, the current ruler of Dubai. Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum's grandfather, Saeed bin Maktoum and Sheikh Maktoum's great-grandfather, Juma'a bin Maktoum were brothers.
Sheikh Maktoum received a BSBA in Finance with Honors from Suffolk University, Boston MA, USA. Sheikh Maktoum is also presently the Chairman of the Dubai International Holding Company (a private investment firm with extensive experience in natural resources, mining, traditional and renewable energy), Al-Nasr Sports Club, and SHUAA Capital (one of the leading independent full-service investment banks in the MENA region).
Sheikh Maktoum was the Founder, President and Chairman of the A1 Grand Prix racing series. After an extremely successful 1st season of A1GP, during which Maktoum proved it was an exciting new form of motorsport, it was announced on September 29, 2006 that he was to sell his position as Chairman & Director of A1GP. The transfer of his share in the organisation of A1 Grand Prix to RAB Capital was finalized in December 2006.
H.H. Sheikh Maktoum Hasher Maktoum Al Maktoum has been awarded the prestigious 'CEO of the Year' honour in the property sector for the Mena region. 
In the wake of the financial crisis hitting Dubai bonds heading into 2010, Sheikh Maktoum helped calm markets by buying up Dubai bonds before the debt was restructured.
In May 2011, Shuaa Capital announced that Sheikh Maktoum has been appointed Chairman of its Board of Directors, because of his record of successfully supporting business turnarounds.
- "His Highness Sheikh Maktoum Hasher Al Maktoum", shuaacapital.com
- Official A1GP Press Release
- "World Economic Forum nominates Sheikh Maktoum Hasher Al Maktoum as Young Global Leader for 2007", BusinessIntellegence-ME, 18 March 2007
- "Al Fajer CEO wins Mena 'CEO of the Year' award in property sector", ameinfo.com, 4 October 2009
- "Dubai royal invests in bonds, sees positive outcome", arabianbusiness.com, 30 November 2009
- "Shuaa Capital announces new Chairman", dubaichronicle.com, 11 May 2011