|Motto: The Cyber suburb of Colombo|
|Elevation||28 m (92 ft)|
|Time zone||SLT (UTC+5:30)|
|Postal Code||10115 |
Malabe is a suburb of Colombo city in Colombo District, Sri Lanka. It is situated on the New Kandy Road (Kaduwela Road) about 10 km away from the centre of the commercial capital Colombo. This suburb is very important economic centre in Colombo city. It is also the leading center of Education..IT, banking, finance and communications in Colombo.
Malabe is the proposed location for the IT park of Sri Lanka and is home to the MillenniumIT, a multinational IT company in Sri Lanka.
Other companies like WPM (Weerasinghe Property Management) near Fashion Corner close to SLIIT is known as a home design center for house plans, designs and constructions.
Malabe consists of hotels, campuses, high schools, parks, shopping, and is considered to be a main business point in Colombo.
It is the site of the Malabe Campus of Sri Lanka Institute of Information Technology.
Other Institutions -
- Malabe Boys Model School-Government Boys' school
- SRI RAHULA BALIKA MAHA VIDYALAYA- Government Girls' school
- CINEC - Colombo International Nautical and Engineering College - Engineering Studies, Maritime Studies, Logistics, IT, Business
- SAITM - South Asian Institute of Technology and Medicine (Private Medical Collage)
- HORIZON COLLEGE INTERNATIONAL - Playgroup to A/L
- HORIZON CAMPUS - Undergraduate and Postgraduate Studies
A1 - New Kandy Road High way Colombo to Kandy
177 Bus Kolpity to Kaduwela 170/190 as public transport
A proposed subway and railway (MRT) system will be introduced soon from Malabe to Colombo fort.
- Supul Collection
- ASB fashion
- Cool Planet
- Isuru fashion
- Cargills Food City
- Keels super
- Co-op City
- Chef Food City
- Malabe Map
A video on How the name "Malabe" was formed