Malaria No More
||A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (January 2010)|
Malaria No More logo
|Founder||Peter Chernin and Raymond G. Chambers|
|Timothy "Scott" Case|
|Mission||End malaria deaths in Africa|
Malaria No More was established in December 2006 by Peter Chernin and Raymond G. Chambers. Entrepreneur and co-founder of Priceline.com Scott Case is the vice-chairman at Malaria No More since 2006. The nonprofit organization has a global network of affiliate organizations in other countries such as Canada, the United Kingdom, the Netherlands, and Japan. This allows for the local advocacy to rally public support and work with other grassroots groups such as the Mosquitoes Suck Tour to inspire students to get involved.
Other organizations, such as Malaria No More continue distribution of more broad-based prophylaxis in Africa.
The organization has announced tentative plans to close in 2015, based on the progress which had been made in its mission by 2011.
- AI Insider (5 October 2009). "Idol Gives Back Returns!". americanidol.com. FOX. Retrieved 3 April 2011.
- "Board and Advisors". malarianomore.org. Malaria No More. Retrieved 3 April 2011.
- "Why Support Malaria No More". malarianomore.org. Malaria No More. What Has Malaria No More Accomplished? (page section). Retrieved 3 April 2011.
- Strom, Stephanie (1 April 2011), "Mission Accomplished, Nonprofits Go Out of Business", The New York Times, nytimes.com, OCLC 292231852, retrieved 3 April 2011
- Malaria No More’s official Website
- Malaria No More interview with Mark Green and Admiral Tim Zeimer, FOX News, April 23, 2009
- Twittering for a Good Cause, CNN, April 17, 2009
- Big Guns Enter Malaria Fight, Wall Street Journal, September 26, 2008
- Saving the World in Study Hall, New York Times, May 11, 2008
|This article related to a non-profit organization is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|