Malarvaadi Arts Club
|Malarvaadi Arts Club|
|Directed by||Vineeth Sreenivasan|
|Produced by||Dileep |
|Screenplay by||Vineeth Sreenivasan|
|Music by||Shaan Rahman|
|Edited by||Ranjan Abraham|
|Distributed by||Manjunatha Release|
|Budget||2 crore (US$320,000) approx.|
|Box office||6.2 crore (US$1.0 million)|
Malarvaadi Arts Club is a 2010 Malayalam film directed by Vineeth Sreenivasan in his directorial debut, and produced by Dileep. The film was released in 60 theaters across Kerala. The cast of five young boys and two girls were selected through a talent hunt.
The story is about the life of 5 friends in a small village called Manissery. They have completed their studies and are all set to move to the next phase of their life. But in the process they face unexpected problems while trying to keep their favourite hangout Malarvaadi Arts Club alive.
"Malarvadi Koottam" (Malarvadi guys) are a bunch of trouble makers in the Manassery village. They even act as goons for a Communist party, named Labour Party. The first half of the film is about the pointless lives of these five led by Prakashan(Nivin Pauly). Prakashan has a fiery temperament; he would do anything for the people he loves, for the cause he believes in. In a moment of financial crisis, Kumaran (Nedumudi Venu) (their mentor who formed malarvadi club) makes the group take up music once again. On the way, the best singer Santhosh(Shraavan) in the group gets a chance to attend a reality show and once he emerges the champion,which is followed by misunderstandings, separation and a grand reunion in the end.
- Nivin Pauly.........Prakashan
- Bhagath Manuel............Purushu
- Aju Varghese..........Kuttu
- Nedumudi Venu......Kumaran
- Lishoy ......Damodaran
- Jagathy Sreekumar.....Ragavan
- Suraj Venjaramood.....Shekaran
- Malavika Wales....Geethu
- Apoorva Bose.....Revathy
- Salim Kumar....Sashi
- Sreenivasan in a guest role
- Sreeram Ramachandran in a guest role as Geethu's brothers friend
- Kottayam Nazeer.....Prem
- Renjith Reghu.......Susheelan
- Manikandan Pattambi
- Willson Joseph..... in a small role
- Deepak Parambol in a guest role
- Deepika Mohan .....Damodaran's wife
The movie received positive reviews. Paresh C Palicha of Rediff gave the film 2.5 out of five stars praising Vineeth Sreenivasan on his directorial debut stated that "Malarvadi Arts Club shows that Vineeth Sreenivasan does hold promise as a director, who can only improve with experience. He has made a film that will make the viewer smile". Sify rating it as Watchable movie said "The five new heroes, who were selected after talent hunts and rehearsal camps, have performed quite well".
|1||"Manyamaha Janangale"||Vineeth Sreenivasan, Sachin Warrier, Rajesh Menon|
|2||"Kaathu Kaathu"||Shaan Rahman|
|3||"Innoree Mazhayil"||Rahul Nambiar, Vineeth Sreenivasan|
|4||"Changaayi"||Vineeth Sreenivasan, Sujatha Mohan|
|6||"Nerin Vazhithan"||Vineeth Sreenivasan, Shaan Rahman, Sachin Warrier, Divya S. Menon|
- "Malarvady Arts Club Cast and Crew". Retrieved September 6, 2010.
- "A look at Malarvady Arts Club". Rediff. Retrieved September 6, 2010.
- "Malarvady Arts Club - OneIndia". Retrieved September 7, 2010.
- "Box office". Retrieved September 6, 2010.
- "Debutant director makes a splash". The Hindu. Jul 29, 2010.
- "First look: Malarvady Arts Club". Rediff. Retrieved September 6, 2010.
- "Review: Malarvady Arts Club". Rediff. Retrieved September 7, 2010.
- "Review: Malarvady Arts Club". Sify. Retrieved September 7, 2010.
- "BO: Malarvady Arts Club". Sify. Retrieved September 7, 2010.
- Malarvaadi Arts Club at the Internet Movie Database