Malatipur (Vidhan Sabha constituency)
|Vidhan Sabha constituency|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Maldaha Uttar|
|Electorate (year)||151,763 (2011)|
As per orders of the Delimitation Commission, 47 Malatipur (Vidhan Sabha constituency) covers Chanchal II community development block and Maharajpur, Peerganj, Sreepur I and Sreepur II gram panchayats of Ratua II community development block.
In the 2011 election, Abdur Rahim Boxi of RSP defeated his nearest rival Al-beruni (Independent).
|West Bengal assembly elections, 2011: Malatipur |
|RSP||Abdur Rahim Boxi||54,794||43.18|
|BJP||Harendra Nath Paul||4,070||3.21|
Al-Beruni, contesting as an Independent candidate, was a Congress Zilla Parishad member.
|Party||Seats won||Seat change|
|Indian National Congress||8||4|
|Communist Party of India (Marxist)||1||5|
|Revolutionary Socialist Party||1||1|
Note: New constituencies – 4, constituencies abolished – 3 (See template talk page for details)
- "Delimitation Commission Order No. 18". Government of West Bengal. Retrieved 2010-09-26.
- "Malatipur". Assembly Elections May 2011 Results. Election Commission of India. Retrieved 2011-05-26.
- "West Bengal Assembly Election 2011". Malatipur. Empowering India. Retrieved 2011-04-08.
- "List of Contesting Candidates, Phase I". West Bengal Assembly Election 2011. Election Commission of India. Retrieved 2011-05-31.
- "Rebel in Malda Cong family refuses to bend". The Telegraph, 5 April 2011. Retrieved 2011-04-08.