Malayan High School of Science
||This college or university article may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia guidelines for college and university articles. (June 2010)|
|This article does not cite any references or sources. (March 2015)|
|Malayan High School of Science|
|Motto||Imagine. Create. Exceed|
|Type||Private, non-sectarian, Run by the Mapua Institute of Technology / Malayan Colleges, Inc. of the Yuchengco Group of Companies|
|President||Dr. Reynaldo B. Vea|
|Principal||Mrs. Jocelyn L. Antiporda|
|Location||Manila, Metro Manila, Philippines|
|Campus||Urban, 1 hectare|
|Colors||Red and Gold|
|Nickname||Malayan Red Robins|
The Malayan High School of Science (MHSS) is a private secondary educational institution established in 2005, and it is managed and operated by the Mapúa Institute of Technology (MIT). It is located on a one-hectare property along P. Guazon Street (formerly Otis St.) in the district of Pandacan, City of Manila, Philippines.
The inauguration of MHSS was held on January 16, 2006, with then Manila Mayor Lito Atienza as guest speaker and MIT chairman Alfonso T. Yuchengco, former Senate president Jovito Salonga, former Prime Minister Cesar Virata, and Yuchengco Group of Companies (YGC) chairperson Helen Y. Dee in attendance. The school opened its doors to 112 freshmen students and formally launched its first school year of operation on June 14, 2006 under the administration of President, Dr. Reynaldo B. Vea, who is also the president of MIT.
MHSS is accredited by the Mathematics Teachers Association of the Philippines (MTAP) to be the only mathematics review center for Grade 6 and high school students in the district of Pandacan, Manila.
Updated as of May 2015
|SUBJECT||GRADE 7||GRADE 8||GRADE 9||GRADE 10|
|ICT||Basic Computer and Applications||Basic Programming||Multimedia Arts|
|RESEARCH||does not apply||Research 1|
|FILIPINO||Sining ng Komunikasyon|
|SOCIAL STUDIES||Asian Studies||World History||Economics||Contemporary Issues|
|MAPEH||Music, Arts, Physical Education and Health 7||Music, Arts, Physical Education and Health 8||Music, Arts, Physical Education and Health 9||Music, Physical Education and Health 10
Citizenship Advancement Training
|VALUES EDUCATION||Values Education 7||Values Education 8||Values Education 9||Values Education 10|
|ADDITIONAL SUBJECTS||Math 7A (Selected Topics in Mathematics)
Science 7A (Selected Topics in Sciences)
Technology Skills 7 (Robotics)
|Math 8A (Selected Topics in Mathematics)
Science 8A (Selected Topics in Sciences)
Technology Skills 8 (Robotics)
|Math 9A (Selected Topics in Mathematics)
Science 9A (Selected Topics in Sciences)
Technology Skills 9 (Robotics)
|Math 10A (Selected Topics in Mathematics)
Science 10A (Selected Topics in Sciences)
Technology Skills 10 (Robotics)
- Book Lovers Club - The Book Lovers Club promotes reading among the students.
- Drop the Bass Dance Crew - The Drop the Bass Dance Crew is the organization for dancers - especially hiphop dancers. This club aspires to imbibe in its members self-confidence and good showmanship.
- Eco Warriors Club - The Eco Warriors Club advocates a "greener" school through tree-planting activities, ecological seminars and the like.
- Malayan Geographical Society - The Malayan Geographic Society is the official Social Sciences association of MHSS. The club organizes activities related to Geography, History, Politics, and other general Social Sciences that are relevant to the development of the school, country, and the global society. This club is the only high school based geographical society in the Philippines with linkages to the Junior Geographical Society of UP Diliman
- Math, Science, and Technology Society – Also known as MaSciTech, this club provides a regular venue for MHSS students to express their extracurricular interests in relation to the fields of Math, Science and Technology. Members of this club compete in interschool quizzes and competitions.
- MusikaMalayan - The MusikaMalayan is the official school choir. This club aims to hone the students' skills in music.
- Peer Counselors - The Peer Counselors are the right hand of the Center for Guidance and Counseling. They offer peer help and advice and act as ambassadors of goodwill on campus. This club is established to interact and reach out to Malayans, to touch lives and bring hope- enlighten minds that there are changes to be embraced
- Sports Organization – The Sports Club organizes all sports-related activities of the school. This club aims to develop/ harness potential MHSS students in athletic endeavor and enhance their social skills through actual participation in Intramurals provided by the School
- Supreme Student Government - The Supreme Student Government serves as the governing body for all students enrolled at MHSS. The SSG also represent the student body to the school faculty and administration of MHSS, and represent the school in outside events and activities.
- Whizzy Works - Whizzy Works is the official publication of MHSS, run by the students. It covers and documents all the important events MHSS is involved in on and off campus.